- Elkridge, Maryland, United States
XOR Security is currently seeking talented Malware Analyst/Reverse Engineer's to support one of our premier clients. To support this vital mission, XOR staff is on the forefront of providing T1-T3 CND Operations, and Systems Engineering support to include the development of advanced analytics and countermeasures to protect critical assets from hostile adversaries. To ensure the integrity, security and resiliency of critical operations, we are seeking Malware Analyst/Reverse Engineer's with diverse backgrounds in incident handling, focused operation, targeting and attribution of threat actors. Previous experience in providing cyber threat intelligence support is highly desired.
The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of low level programming in C, C++ or Assembly (x86.). Solid experience performing static analysis of malware using IDA Pro to determine functionality. Must possess the ability to work both independently and as a team to support existing malware analysis infrastructure to meet mission deadlines. Candidates should be highly motivated with an interest in continuously learning and improving their skills.
Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must.
- BA/BS degree in Information Technology or Information Security, Computer Science, Intelligence Studies, Cyber Security or another related field of study or equivalent 3+ years performing technical cyber threat intelligence analysis.
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI highly desirable. May consider extremely well qualified candidates at Secret with TS eligibility.
- Ability to reverse engineer binaries of various types including: x86, x64, C, C++, .NET, and Delphi
- Understanding of x86, ARM, and x64 architectures
- Capable of Python scripting to automate analysis and reverse engineering tasks
- Strong knowledge of tools used for malware analysis such as debuggers and disassemblers
- Strong understanding of Windows Operating System Internals and Windows APIs
- Ability to analyze shellcode; packed and obfuscated code and the associated algorithms
- Understanding of common attacker methodologies and exploit techniques
- Understanding of network protocols and networking concepts
- Strong initiative, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Experience with Windows system programming, driver development and/or IDA Python
- Understanding of software engineering methodologies.
- Familiarization with Linux OS
- Mobile IOS/Android experience
- Experience with DShell
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.