- Elkridge, Maryland, United States
XOR Security is currently seeking s talented Systems Administrator to support one of our premier clients. To support this vital mission, XOR staff is on the forefront of providing T1-T3 CND Operations, and Systems Engineering support to include the development of advanced analytics and countermeasures to protect critical assets from hostile adversaries.
The ideal candidate will be leveraging their system administrator skills and conducting forensic analysis on a variety of digital media including hard drives, thumb drives, media cards, cell phones and other devices; creating detailed notes on logical processes undertaken and developing forensic reports in support of cyber investigations.
Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must.
- B.S. degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Must have a minimum of a U.S. Secret Security clearance; TS/SCI highly desired
- 5 Years of experience with Windows system administration to include Windows Server and network infrastructure
- Familiarity with client security and/or anti-virus products to include analysis of application logs for threat detections
- Experience with installation and maintenance with web service and database software
- Strong ability to exercise initiative, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Grasp of common cyber-attack methodologies and exploit techniques in alignment with the cyber kill-chain
- Understanding of network protocols and networking concepts
- Familiarity with Windows Registry hives and how they are used by operating system at a system and user level
- Practical experience with timeline analysis to support troubleshooting efforts within system administration
- Knowledge and experience of virtual environments
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong ability to work independently under deadline driven environment maintaining focus of effort until product deliverable is complete
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Department of Defense Basic Digital Forensic Examiner certification or eligibility to take and pass the exam with 1 year from the date of hire
- Industry standard certification(s) such as: CFCE, EnCE, ACE, GIAC, DoD
- Demonstrated experience in the field of digital media forensics using forensics tools such as: EnCase, Forensic Toolkit (FTK), and/or Xways
- Experience with file system and memory forensics
- Experience with forensic media imaging
- Experience with Linux and macOS
- Python script development
- Mobile iOS and Android
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.