- Federal Civilian
XOR Security is currently seeking talented Security Engineer for an exciting position supporting one of our premier clients. Our project is aimed at establishing cutting-edge techniques for network defense, identifying threats and detecting malicious activity using advanced toolsets.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience supporting SOCs in Federal IT environments and experience in incident detection and response. The candidate will conduct operations, maintenance, security engineering, integration and implementation and configuration management for all SOC tools. The candidate will provide analysis related to the design, development, and integration of hardware, software, man-machine interfaces and all system level requirements to provide an integrated IT solution.
The candidate should be able to perform analysis, design, and development of security infrastructure for an agency-level SOC. Additionally, the candidate will perform O&M for SOC tools including incident response and tracking system, NIDS, SIEM, Log Management architecture, DLP, Forensic tool suites, Vulnerability Assessment scanners, and many other SOC-tools.
The candidate should be comfortable conducting troubleshooting of mission-critical system issues and reporting their findings to vest parties. The ideal candidate will be proficient in Incident response and detection, systems and database administration, network and software engineering and event/log management. The ideal candidate will also have experience administering ForeScout CounterACT and configuring and implementing CounterACT policies. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have experience with the following tools: Stealthwatch, ESA/WSA, Cisco AMP, Splunk ES, Firesight, Symantec DLP and SEP.
Washington D.C., USA
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with one or more of the following tools: CounterACT, Stealthwatch, Firesight, Cisco AMP, Splunk
- An industry technical certification such as GCWN, GISF, GSSP, GICSP, SEI, CSSP, CISSP, CSSLP, SSCP, CCNP, ENSA, ECSP, MCSE, RHCA, or RHCE
- Experience with deployment and documentation of enterprise project management and change management processes
- Ability to identify solutions to potential network issues
- Able to collaborate on problem management and root cause analysis discussions with fellow network engineers, security engineers, and analysts
- Draft technical requirements, configuration management, and planning documentation
- Twelve (12) years of experience Supporting SOCs in Federal government IT environments
- Three (3) years of experience in incident detection and response.
- Understanding of command line scripting and implementation. (e.g., Python, Powershell)
- Understanding of scripting and content creation. (e.g., Splunk dashboards, ArcSight content, SNORT signatures, Python scripts, Powershell scripts.)
- Experience with cyber threat hunting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent experience.
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and PUBLIC TRUST CLEARANCE REQUIRED.