- Springfield, Virginia, United States
XOR Security is currently seeking a talented Junior Support Specialist to support an Intelligence Community Customer in Springfield VA. The Cyber Security Operations Cell (CSOC) support includes analysis, investigation, reporting and remediation of cyber incidents, incident escalation to CSOC/Focused Operations, planning and development of cyber countermeasures, initiation of incident notification procedures, and collaboration with external IC and DoD Cyber units as well as reporting Cyber Defense status to the CSOC, Customer leadership, and external IC and DoD Cyber units.
To ensure the integrity, security, and resiliency of critical operations, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds in cyber security systems operations, analysis, and incident response. Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must. The ideal candidate will have experience with Remedy, ServiceNow, customer service focused teams, troubleshooting, Active Directory, service desk, help desk, and industry standard certifications such as: A+, Network +, CE, Security +.
- Responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software
- Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem, and determines and implements solution
- Writes training manuals
- Trains computer users
- Responds to email or chat messages for customers seeking help
- Asks questions to determine nature of problem
- Walks customers through problem-solving process
- Runs diagnostic programs to resolve problem
- Follows up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved
- Gains feedback from customers about system usage
- Runs reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur
Springfield, VA. USA
Skills and Qualifications:
- One to three (1-3) years of experience in a support specialist position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Position requires a current CND-A certification with the appropriate computing environment certification(s) for the tools and devices they support IAW DoD 8570.01-M
- Strong analytical and technical skills in computer network defense operations, ability to lead efforts in Security Engineering
- Ability to work greater than 40 hours per week as needed (occasional night and weekend work required)
- Ability to work on-call for escalated VIP level issues.
- Ability to identify solutions to potential network issues/embrace network simplification and strengthened security
- Ability to conduct event triage and technical analysis leading to root cause determination
- Strong logical/critical thinking abilities
- Strong proficiency Report writing – a technical writing sample and technical editing test will be required if the candidate has no prior published intelligence analysis reporting
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and TOP SECRET WITH SCI CLEARANCE REQUIRED.