- Springfield, Virginia, United States
XOR Security is currently seeking a talented Enterprise Management Watch Support Specialist to support an Intelligence Community Customer in Springfield VA. The Cyber Security Operations Cell (CSOC) support includes analysis, investigation, reporting and remediation of cyber incidents, incident escalation to CSOC/Focused Operations, planning and development of cyber countermeasures, initiation of incident notification procedures, and collaboration with external IC and DoD Cyber units as well as reporting Cyber Defense status to the CSOC, Customer leadership, and external IC and DoD Cyber units.
To ensure the integrity, security, and resiliency of critical operations, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds in cyber security systems operations, analysis, and incident response. Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must. The ideal candidate will have experience with Remedy, Customer Service, Service Desk, Briefing Skills, Technical Writing, and an industry certification such as: Security+.
- Experience in Windows and/or Unix/Linux server administration in either or both physical and virtualized environments.
- Demonstrated experience with scripting (VB, PERL, shell, etc), customer service and support and a working knowledge of IT security concepts and best practices.
- Familiarity with Windows Active Directory and Group Policy Objects, working knowledge of concepts such as TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP, firewalls, Local and Wide Area Networks, experience with Storage Area Networks and Network Attached Storage, and knowledge of databases (SQL, Oracle, etc).
- Troubleshoots software, hardware, and network issues, and addresses trouble tickets and service tasks.
- Configures web/database/mail/ftp servers, firewalls, VPN, etc., manages DNS records, SSL Certificates, crontab entries, and Linux/Windows user accounts
Springfield, VA. USA
Skills and Qualifications:
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience in a support specialist position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Position requires a current CND-A certification with the appropriate computing environment certification(s) for the tools and devices they support IAW DoD 8570.01-M
- Strong analytical and technical skills in computer network defense operations, ability to lead efforts in Security Engineering
- Ability to work greater than 40 hours per week as needed (occasional night and weekend work required)
- Ability to work on-call for escalated incidents.
- Ability to identify solutions to potential network issues/embrace network simplification and strengthened security
- Ability to conduct event triage and technical analysis leading to root cause determination
- Strong logical/critical thinking abilities
- Strong proficiency Report writing – a technical writing sample and technical editing test will be required if the candidate has no prior published intelligence analysis reporting
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and TOP SECRET WITH SCI CLEARANCE REQUIRED.