- Falls Church, Virginia, United States
At XOR Security, we build solutions that keep our citizens safe, our government’s information secure and our intelligence professionals one step ahead of the adversary. From defensive and offensive cyber operations to data analytics and strategic consulting, the XOR team provides the insight, expertise and dedication to ensure mission success. Our solutions deliver certainty – the certainty clients need to make critical decisions and lead with confidence.
XOR Security is actively seeking Senior Software Engineers whom will be responsible for supporting the efforts of DHS US-CERT and the NCCIC in securing our national interests, and protecting our nations sensitive equities.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of software development from a full stack perspective, and have a desire to develop a deeper understanding of information security related to software engineering. The ideal candidate would be familiar with big data platforms, high throughput data processing, parallel processing and high performance computing.
This effort will require a skilled software engineer to enable standardized and consistent processes, implementation of innovative approaches to solving complex cyber and incident response problems.
- BS degree in an CS or related Engineering field, 8+ years of expertise in software systems engineering
- Ability to identify and determine software, services and process necessary to exact into sustainable cyber solutions
- Analyzes operational requirements, business needs, and operational data to support the development of applications and high performance data processing systems
- Performs process and data modeling in support of the planning and analysis efforts using both manual and automated tools
- Strong logical/critical thinking abilities, especially analyzing existing application architectures, and developing a good understanding of data models
- Strong desire to learn new and emerging techniques and technologies to solve complex cyber security related tasks
- Experience in Agile and/or Dev/Ops development practices
- Strong full stack experience using Java and Python and supporting frameworks
- Experience developing within a micro services architecture using AWS and Cloud services
- Proficiency in developing software test patterns to support test driven development
- Understanding of software orchestration within a systems of systems environments
- Experience with working in ESB (oracle), and Messaging Brokering services (activemq)
- Experience with development and sustainment of high performance ETL
- Demonstrated experience with XML, JSON and REST
- Practical cyber security experience is highly sought after, but not required
- Experience in Data Science relative to data processing, data analysis and data interpretation
- Experience in Dev/Ops and Dev/SecOps - Docker, Vagrant, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef
- Familiar with concepts of big data, big data processing - AWS Cloud Services, Kafka, Storm
- Familiar with ELK, Hadoop, Cassandra, Accumulo or other big data and NoSQL technologies
- Relevant Security Certifications: Security +, CISSP, SANS Certifications, Network +, OSCP etc..
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Applicants are required to have an active US government security clearance and must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.
To ensure the integrity, security and resiliency of critical operations, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds in cyber security systems operations, analysis and incident response. Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cyber threats and information security in the domains of TTP’s, Threat Actors, Campaigns, and Observables. Additionally the ideal candidate would be familiar with intrusion detection systems, intrusion analysis, security information event management platforms, endpoint threat detection tools, and security operations ticket management.
For Sr. Analysts, there are various shifts available with some flexibility between 6AM to 11PM on Monday through Friday.
Candidate must have the required Qualifications:
- For a Senior analyst, at least 5 years of experience in a cyber network defense environment.
- Active Secret, Top Secret, and/or DHS Agency Clearance.
- Strong analytical and technical skills in computer network defense operations, ability to lead efforts in Incident Handling (Detection, Analysis, Triage), Hunting (anomalous pattern detection and content management) and Malware Analysis.
- Prior experience and ability to with analyzing information technology security events to discern events that qualify as a legitimate security incidents as opposed to non-incidents. This includes security event triage, incident investigation, implementing countermeasures, and conducting incident response.
- Previous hands-on experience with a Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) platforms and log management systems that perform log collection, analysis, correlation, and alerting is required (preferably within Splunk or ArcSight).
- Ability to develop rules, filters, views, signatures, countermeasures and operationally relevant applications and scripts to support analysis and detection efforts.
- Strong logical/critical thinking abilities, especially analyzing security events (windows event logs, Tanium queries, network traffic, IDS events for malicious intent).
- Strong proficiency Report writing – a technical writing sample and technical editing test will be required if the candidate has no prior published intelligence analysis reporting, excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability produce clear and thorough security incident reports and briefings.
- Excellent organizational and attention to details in tracking activities within various Security Operation workflows.
- A working knowledge of the various operating systems (e.g. Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.) commonly deployed in enterprise networks, a conceptual understanding of Windows Active Directory is also required, and a working knowledge of network communications and routing protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP, ICMP, BGP, MPLS, etc.) and common internet applications and standards (e.g. SMTP, DNS, DHCP, SQL, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.).
- Experience with the identification and implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls for deployment and implementation in the enterprise network environment.
- Experience in mentoring and training junior and mid-level analysts.
- Should have Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- One or more certifications for CND Analysts: GCIA, GCED, GCFE, GCTI, GNFA, GCIH, CND, ECSA, OSCP, OSEE, OSCE.
- One or more certifications for malware or forensic analysts: GCFA, GCFE, GREM, CHFI.
- Existing Subject Matter Expertise of Advanced Persistent Threat or Emerging Threats.
- Expertise on policies, industry trends, techniques related to penetration testing.
- Proficiency in utilizing various packet capture (PCAP) applications/engines and in the analysis of PCAP data.
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies Network Threat Hunting (Sqrrl), Big Data Analytics (Splunk), Endpoint Threat Detection (Tanium), SIEM (ArcSight), workflow and ticketing (HP Service Manager), Intrusion Detection System (IBM ISS).
- Ability to work on-call during critical incidents or to support coverage requirements (including weekends and holidays when required).
- Familiarity with scripting languages (BASH, Powershell, Python, PERL, RUBY etc.) or software development frameworks (.NET).