- Federal Civilian
XOR Security is currently seeking talented Junior SOC Analyst for an exciting position supporting one of our premier clients. Our project is aimed at establishing cutting-edge techniques for network defense, identifying threats and detecting malicious activity using advanced toolsets.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience as a SOC analyst performing Incident Response and Intrusion Detection on an operational Federal network. The candidate will Monitor and analyze network traffic, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), security events and logs. The candidate will perform incident response to investigate and resolve security incidents. The candidate will need to be able to determine between false and true positives events, prioritizing them appropriately and see them through from end to end. The candidate will compose security alert notifications and other communications on behalf of the SOC. In addition, the candidate will need to stay up to date with current vulnerabilities, attacks, and countermeasures.
Washington D.C., USA
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to identify solutions to potential network issues/embrace network simplification and strengthened security
- Ability to conduct event triage and analysis and incident investigation
- One to Three (1-3) years of experience in network defense environments
- Experience with deployment and documentation of enterprise project management and change management processes
- Experience with tools such as Active Directory, Cisco IOS, MS Server, ESA, WSA, Stealthwatch, AMP, Splunk, FortiSIEM, SNORT, Yara, IronPort, and Firepower.
- An industry technical certification such as GCIH, or OSCP
- Understanding of command line scripting and implementation (e.g., Python, Powershell)
- Ability to write new content/searches/scripts (e.g., Splunk dashboards, Splunk ES alerts, SNORT signatures, Python scripts, Powershell scripts)
- Familiarity with Splunk Enterprise Security
- Strong understanding of networking (TCP Flags, TCP Handshake, IP addressing, Firewalls, Proxy, IDS, IPS)
- Ability to perform Netflow / packet capture (PCAP) analysis
- Experience with cyber threat hunting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent experience
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and PUBLIC TRUST CLEARANCE REQUIRED.