- Springfield, Virginia, United States
XOR Security is currently seeking a talented Software Engineer to support an Intelligence Community Customer in Springfield VA. The Cyber Security Operations Cell (CSOC) support includes analysis, investigation, reporting and remediation of cyber incidents, incident escalation to CSOC/Focused Operations, planning and development of cyber countermeasures, initiation of incident notification procedures, and collaboration with external IC and DoD Cyber units as well as reporting Cyber Defense status to the CSOC, Customer leadership, and external IC and DoD Cyber units.
To ensure the integrity, security, and resiliency of critical operations, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds in cyber security systems operations, analysis, and incident response. Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience designing, modifying, developing, writing, documenting, and implementing software programming applications/operating systems.
- Expertise in a variety of software concepts, practices, and procedures with more advanced experience and skills in specialized software products.
- Has knowledge of applicable business lines/industries and understands the relationship between technical and business needs.
- Leads the requirements analysis, design, modification, development, and implementation of software programming applications.
- Reviews and approves test cases, processes, and impact assessments.
- Develops, reviews, and approves software documentation.
- Provides technical insight and advice to customers and senior leadership
Springfield, VA. USA
Skills and Qualifications:
- Three to five years (3-5) years of experience in network defense environments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Position requires a current CND-A certification with the appropriate computing environment certification(s) for the tools and devices they support IAW DoD 8570.01-M
- Strong analytical and technical skills in computer network defense operations, ability to lead efforts in Security Engineering
- Ability to work greater than 40 hours per week as needed (occasional night and weekend work required)
- Ability to work on-call for escalated cyber security incidents.
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and TOP SECRET WITH SCI CLEARANCE REQUIRED.