Job Description: Cyber Threat Detection Analyst
XOR Security is currently seeking several talented Cyber Threat Detection Analyst to support DHS. This program provides targeted threat monitoring and response capabilities requiring analysts to have advanced levels of experience in security event monitoring, incident response, malware analysis and reverse engineering, cyber intelligence, insider threat, penetration testing, and fusion analysis (skills in more than one cyber discipline are preferred). The positions will respectively focus on Advanced Threat Detection and Identification. To support this vital mission, XOR staff are at the forefront of providing Advanced Analytics, and Systems Engineering support to include the development of advanced analytics and countermeasures to protect critical assets from hostile adversaries. To ensure the integrity, security, and resiliency of critical operations, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds in cyber security systems operations, analysis and incident response. Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cyber threats and information security in the domains of TTP’s, Threat Actors, Campaigns, and Observables. Additionally, the ideal candidate would be familiar with intrusion detection systems, intrusion analysis, security information event management platforms, endpoint threat detection tools, big data analytics, and cyber ticketing management.
Candidate must have the required Qualifications:
- Currently cleared or can be cleared to the TOP SECRET/SCI level preferably with a DHS-agency EOD.
- A minimum of five years of experience with assessing Advanced Persistent Threat (APT), attack methodologies, forensics analysis techniques, malware analysis, attack surface comprehension, Cyber Threat Emulation operations, Cyber Advanced Threat Emulation Team operations and research, identification, and verification of new APT TTPs.
- Bachelor’s degree, technical degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in cybersecurity analysis and research in support of APT investigations.
- Demonstrated Experience performing Network Forensics in support of cyber hunt investigations (e.g. Netflow and PCAP analysis).
- Strong analytical and technical skills in computer network defense operations, ability to lead efforts in Incident Handling (Detection, Analysis, Triage), Cyber Threat Hunting (anomalous pattern detection and content management), Malware Analysis.
- Prior experience and ability to with analyzing information technology security events to discern events that qualify as legitimate security incidents as opposed to non-incidents. This includes security event triage, incident investigation, implementing countermeasures, and conducting incident response.
- Experience working with various event logging systems and must be proficient in the review of security event log analysis.
- Previous hands-on experience with a Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) and Big Data Analytics platforms that perform log collection, analysis, correlation, and alerting is required, preferably Splunk, Sqrrl, ELK, Hadoop. Ability to develop rules, filters, views, signatures, countermeasures and operationally relevant applications and scripts to support analysis and detection efforts
- Strong logical/critical thinking abilities, especially analyzing security events (windows event logs, Tanium queries, network traffic, IDS events for malicious intent).
- Strong proficiency Report writing – a technical writing sample and technical editing test will be required if the candidate has no prior published intelligence analysis reporting, excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability produce clear and thorough security incident reports and briefings
- Excellent organizational and attention to details in tracking activities within various Security Operation workflows
- A working knowledge of the various operating systems (e.g. Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.) commonly deployed in enterprise networks, a conceptual understanding of Windows Active Directory is also required, and a working knowledge of network communications and routing protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP, ICMP, BGP, MPLS, etc.) and common internet applications and standards (e.g. SMTP, DNS, DHCP, SQL, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.)
- A high level of understanding in relation to computer data storage, Windows operating system file directory structures, electronic directory file management, and applications software, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- One or more certifications for A Analysts: GCIA, GCED, GCFE, GCTI, GNFA, GCIH, CND, ECSA, OSCP, OSEE, OSCE, GXFN, GCFA, GREM, CHFI.
- Experience with analyzing deceptive technologies such as honeynets.
- Expertise on policies, industry trends, techniques related to penetration testing.
- Experience with one or more of the following tools Sqrrl, Splunk, Tanium, or ELK.
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and TOP SECRET/SCI CLEARANCE REQUIRED.