- Washington, District of Columbia, United States
XOR Security is currently seeking talented cyber focused Senior Metrics Analysts supporting one of our premier clients within the Department of Homeland Security - Enterprise Security Operations Center. Our project provides comprehensive operational cybersecurity situational awareness and response readiness by performing 24×7 cybersecurity monitoring and advanced analytics for the Homeland infrastructure. The Security Operations Center (SOC) Metrics Analyst will work directly with the SOC Metrics Team Lead and the customer to ensure that effective, measurable Cyber metrics are collected, analyzed, and presented on both and ad hoc and continual basis using the existing infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for implementing SOC metrics program to ensure the metrics collected are impactful, and assist in driving sound management decisions. The candidate must have a strong background supporting security operations with experience in data security technologies, incident response, forensics, and digital media analysis and process improvement. The candidate should be familiar the Cyber Kill Chain methodology and how to correctly measure its effectiveness. Responsibilities will include:
- Propose SOC metrics for government approval
- Develop a set of SOC metrics that indicate ESOC and Enterprise SOC staff awareness of the Kill Chain methodology
- Develop Implementation Metrics that demonstrate enterprise SOCs are actively using Kill Chain methodology
- Develop effectiveness and efficiency SOC metrics
- Develop Impact Metrics demonstrating the maturity of enterprise SOCs
- Develop a metrics scorecard to display the level of effectiveness of enterprise SOCs
- Build dashboards using the ESOC infrastructure to support on-demand metrics representation
Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT or related field
- 5+ years of related experience
- Expertise in the decomposition of business processes and business rules to support the development of key program metrics
- Experience in designing relevant program metrics and measures to assess the effectiveness of SOC functions and processes
- Familiar with the management, operational, and technical aspects of IT Security in a complex enterprise environment.
- Active Secret clearance, Strong Preference for existing EOD cleared staff
- Familiarity Splunk and its dashboard capabilities
- Familiarity with Cyber Kill Chain methodology
- Experience supporting a SOC
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.