XOR Security is currently seeking a Systems Operation Maintenance Professional (HIRT Lab Manager/Sys Admin) to support an Agency-level SOC. The SOC program provides comprehensive Computer Network Defense and Response support through 24×7×365 monitoring and analysis of potential threat activity targeting the enterprise. To support this vital mission, XOR staff are on the forefront of providing Advanced CND Operations, and Systems Engineering support to include the development of advanced analytics and countermeasures to protect critical assets from hostile adversaries. To ensure the integrity, security, and resiliency of critical operations, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds in cyber security systems operations, analysis and incident response. Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cyber threats and information security in the domains of TTP’s, Threat Actors, Campaigns, and Observables with experience in complex malware analysis techniques, scripting, coding, and content development. Examples of complex analysis techniques include malware de-obfuscation, examining code, sandbox/dynamic analysis, and memory analysis.
- Install, configure, and maintain multiple vendor specific devices.
- Ability to design, build, and maintain lab network and servers.
- Proficient in OSX, Linux, and Windows.
- Experience with VMWare virtualization software.
- Efficiently facilitate and expedite the tracking, handling, and reporting of all security events and computer incidents in accordance with government procedures.
- Work with other Team members to ensure an effective and efficient cyber incident management system for a Federal government customer.
- Responsible for implementing server configurations, operating systems, firewalls, patch management, and account management to protect the systems against threats and vulnerabilities.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
Basic Qualifications that candidates must possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance with ability to obtain a DHS SCI, as well as obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
- Ability to understand and learn technical specifications, system requirements and other application design information as needed.
- Proficiency in Linux/Windows/OSX system administration.
- Understanding of Systems and Network Administration and Network Security.
- Experience writing scripts to monitor system services, resources, data mine logs, etc.
Previous experience developing Python/Bash/Perl or similar scripts
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED.