- Elkridge, Maryland, United States
XOR Security is currently seeking a talented Network Engineer to support the Defense Cyber Crime Center (DC3) in Linthicum, MD. The DC3 program provides comprehensive Forensic, Malware Analysis and Reverse Engineering support across the Defense enterprise by providing deep analysis of potential threat activity targeting the critical DOD assets. To support this vital mission, XOR staff is on the forefront of providing full spectrum Network Engineering, Media Analysis, and Systems Engineering support to protect critical DoD assets from hostile adversaries. To ensure the integrity, security and resiliency of DC3’s critical operations, we are seeking Network Engineers with diverse backgrounds in firewall hardening, network device configuration, and network traffic monitoring.
In this role you will be responsible for the installation, administration, and documentation of Cisco and Juniper switches, firewalls, and routers and tools supporting the DC3 network infrastructure. This position is to support a high visibility project to aggregate and automate the collection of data from applications residing on different domain classifications of Department of Defense networks and make available to authorized organizations.
To ensure the integrity, security, and resiliency of critical operations, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds in network and systems engineering. Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must.
- Analyzes, designs, develops, and/or maintains both hardware and software needed for network communications including local area networks (LAN)s, wide area networks (WAN)s, the Internet, intranets, and other data communication systems.
- Possesses experience with most common network components to include routers, switches, firewalls, protocols, VoIP, DNS, remote access, VPN, routing, and switching. Also has knowledge of TCP/IP routing technologies including OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP, in addition to knowledge of applicable business lines/industries.
- Communicates complex concepts and data effectively and creatively (both written and oral) across multiple organizations, both internal & external, and with executive company and customer management.
- Performs design, engineering, implementation, maintenance, and upgrade of the local area networks (LAN)s and/or wide area network (WAN), and/or security infrastructure.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of existing network and/or security hardware and software in use to provide third-tier technical and administrative support and provide complex internal analysis and support of the network and/or security infrastructure.
- Develops network support processes, procedures and guidelines for troubleshooting network events and performing sustaining tasks.
- Acts as the technical interface with vendors and other external stakeholders and reviews/makes recommendations on the network and/or security service/maintenance arrangements.
- Designs and maintains network environments to comply with relevant compliance standards and evaluates, consults and makes technology recommendations to senior management. Reviews technical documentation of supported environments to ensure that documentation is accurate and up-to-date.
Linthicum, MD, USA
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated Network Engineering experience, including understanding of LAN/WAN operations and TCP/IP concepts
- Experience with Cisco and Juniper switches and routers
- Configuring switches and routers
- Managing Access Control Lists (ACLs)
- Quality of Service (QOS) Functions
- Managing Port Security
- Experience with Cisco and Juniper firewalls.
- Monitoring firewall traffic and configuring rule sets
- Experience with tools supporting the network infrastructure such as Splunk, SolarWinds and FireEye
- Experience configuring and managing VLANs
- Experience with IAVA, security checklists
- 5 years professional experience with a Bachelor's Degree in a technical related field.
- Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility
- Working knowledge of the VPN and the Internet Protocol Security (IPsec) that enables VPNs
- CCNA or CCNP
- DoD 8570 Certification
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and TOP SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED.