XOR Security is currently seeking a GIS Operations Analyst to support an Agency-level SOC. The SOC program provides comprehensive Computer Network Defense and Response support through 24×7×365 monitoring and analysis of potential threat activity targeting the enterprise. To support this vital mission, XOR staff are on the forefront of providing Advanced CND Operations, and Systems Engineering support to include the development of advanced analytics and countermeasures to protect critical assets from hostile adversaries. To ensure the integrity, security, and resiliency of critical operations, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds in cyber security systems operations, analysis and incident response. Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cyber threats and information security in the domains of TTP’s, Threat Actors, Campaigns, and Observables with experience in complex malware analysis techniques, scripting, coding, and content development. Examples of complex analysis techniques include malware de-obfuscation, examining code, sandbox/dynamic analysis, and memory analysis.
- Successful candidates will have a strong background in a telecommunications discipline, knowledge of cybersecurity and IT security and intermediate knowledge of working with Geospatial Visualization Systems preferably Esri ARCGIS products
- They must possess broad expertise in research, analysis, and writing skills and be able to perform triage on questions, issues, or events involving the nation's critical communications infrastructure
- Basic understanding of the NRF, ESF#2, and CS&C Cyber Initiatives
- The person filling this role may attend meetings and discussions, interface with industry or outside agencies for the purpose of taking notes and doing assessments
Requirements that candidates will be evaluated against:
- Experience implementing technical specifications, system requirements and other related application design information
- Telecommunications/communications infrastructure experience
- Experience working with Geospatial Visualization Systems, preferably Esri ARCGIS products
Preferred Qualifications or Skills:
- Utilizes modeling/simulation tools in conjunction with subject matter expertise in commercial telecommunications networks to develop analyses and produce reports and recommendations for mitigating threats and ensuring availability despite threats to or disruptions of the infrastructure.
- Assess the impacts of strategic threats (including adversarial country threats) to the essential communications infrastructures and provide detailed technical recommendations and full-scoped evaluations and testing of potential solutions to mitigate threats.
- Available for extended duty, on-call and/or deployment to alternate locations within the region or continental U.S., as needed.
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED.