- Elkridge, Maryland, United States
XOR Security is currently seeking talented mid-level Software Test Engineers to support one of our premier clients within the Department of Defense for the Defense Cyber Crimes Center (DC3). The DC3 program provides comprehensive Forensic, Malware Analysis, and Reverse Engineering support across the Defense enterprise by providing deep analysis of potential threat activity targeting the critical DoD assets. To support this vital mission, XOR staff is on the forefront of providing full spectrum Media Analysis and Systems Engineering support to include the development of advanced tools and analysis techniques to protect critical DoD assets from hostile adversaries. To ensure the integrity, security and resiliency of DC3’s critical operations, we are seeking Software Test Engineers with diverse backgrounds in incident handling, focused operation, targeting and attribution of threat actors. Previous experience in providing cyber threat intelligence support is highly desired.
The ideal candidate will be primarily focused on executing test plans, procedures, and test cases for end-to-end verification and validation of trusted ITC (information technology and communication) systems (including all V-V methods: testing, demonstration, analysis, inspection). S/he will possess and apply their expertise to multiple concurrent and complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining solutions. The candidate should be able to operate with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and will contribute to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable. The candidate must be a detail-oriented, highly motivated individual, and able to work independently or as part of a team.
Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must.
- Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility required to start
- B.S. degree from an accredited college in Information Technology, Information Security, Computer Science, Cyber Security or a related field of study with five (5) years of professional experience, or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Strong technical proficiency as a Test Engineer, for the testing of modern software systems, implementing test strategies, plans, procedures and reporting. Testing is required at component, integration, system, and end-to-end levels, utilizing use-case and operational-scenario-based testing. Candidate should have a solid understanding of the full system lifecycle and a proficiency with writing test cases and discrepancy reports.
- Experience with test automation, test scripts (PHP Unit Test, Python) and regression testing
- Excellent customer service, communication, and prioritization skills and an ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Master’s degree in the above fields with three (3) years professional experience
- Knowledge of DoD and industry Testing & Analysis methodologies and best practices
- Familiarity with STIX XML schema/cyber security threat profiles and TAXII
- Software knowledge to include web services/SaaS, PaaS, IaaS; SOA, ESB, applications, programming languages and methods (API, storefront/web services, PHP, Python, Oracle (API for publish, subscribe, query, results, authentication, authorization)
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis skills; the ability to apply statistics and analysis methodologies for data sets; and an ability to synthesize analysis results into documentation and presentations
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.