- Elkridge, Maryland, United States
XOR Security is currently seeking talented mid-level Digital Media Analysts to support one of our premier clients within the Department of Defense for the Defense Cyber Crimes Center (DC3). The DC3 program provides comprehensive Forensic, Malware Analysis, and Reverse Engineering support across the Defense enterprise by providing deep analysis of potential threat activity targeting critical DoD assets. To support this vital mission, XOR staff is on the forefront of providing full spectrum Media Analysis and Systems Engineering support, to include the development of advanced tools and analysis techniques to protect critical DoD assets from hostile adversaries. To ensure the integrity, security, and resiliency of DC3’s critical operations, we are seeking Computer Forensics and Digital Media Analysts with diverse backgrounds in forensic data extraction across various platforms and architectures. Previous experience in cell phone collection and analysis is highly desired.
The selected DM analyst will: conduct imaging and data extraction processes on a variety of media including hard drives, thumb drives, and memory cards; conduct examinations on gaming systems and mobile devices; create detailed notes on processes undertaken; inventory, disassemble, and reassemble a variety of hardware devices. The ideal candidate will possess and apply their expertise to multiple concurrent and complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining solutions. The candidate should be able to operate with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and will contribute to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must.
- Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility required to start
- Thirteen years of professional experience without a degree; or 5 years of professional experience with a Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree; or no experience required with a related PhD or JD
- Experience with disassembling and reassembling electronic devices such as computers, associated peripherals and mobile devices, including JTAG/chip-off
- Understanding of multiple hard drive architectures and connection types
- Understanding of multiple mobile device architectures and operating systems
- Current Department of Defense Certified Digital Media Collector Certification, or the eligibility to obtain it
- Self-starter with the ability to proactively engage and develop relationships with subject matter experts and analyst counterparts across the US Intelligence and Law Enforcement communities
- Familiarization with forensic tools, including EnCase, dc3dd, Cellebrite UFED, Microsystemation XRY
- Advanced practical troubleshooting skills
- Familiarization across multiple platforms and file systems
- Familiarization with gaming console architecture (PlayStation, XBOX etc.)
- Skilled in the repair of hard drives and/or cell phones
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.