- Federal Civilian
- Merrifield, VA
At XOR Security, we build solutions that keep our citizens safe, our government’s information secure and our intelligence professionals one step ahead of the adversary. From defensive and offensive cyber operations to data analytics and strategic consulting, the XOR team provides the insight, expertise and dedication to ensure mission success. Our solutions deliver certainty – the certainty clients need to make critical decisions and lead with confidence.
XOR Security is actively seeking Software Developers whom will be responsible for supporting the efforts of our USPS customer - focused on delivering Cybersecurity and Digital Integration support services to the Postal Service.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of software development from a full stack perspective, and have a desire to develop a deeper understanding of information security related to software engineering. The ideal candidate would be familiar with big data platforms, high throughput data processing, parallel processing and high performance computing.
This effort will require a skilled software engineer to enable standardized and consistent processes, implementation of innovative approaches to solving complex cyber and incident response problems.
- BS degree in an CS or related Engineering field, 0-2 years of expertise in software engineering
- Ability to identify and determine software, services and process necessary to exact into sustainable cyber solutions
- Strong logical/critical thinking abilities, especially analyzing existing application architectures, and developing a good understanding of data models
- Experience in Agile and/or Dev/Ops development practices
- Full stack experience using Java and Python and supporting frameworks
- Proficiency in developing software test patterns to support test driven development
- Understanding of software orchestration within a systems of systems environments
- Demonstrated experience with XML, JSON and REST
- Practical cyber security experience is highly sought after, but not required
- Experience in Dev/Ops and Dev/SecOps - Docker, Vagrant, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef
- Familiar with concepts of big data, big data processing - AWS Cloud Services, Kafka, Storm
- Familiar with ELK, Hadoop, Cassandra, or other big data and NoSQL technologies
- Relevant Security Certifications: Security +, CISSP, SANS Certifications, Network +, OSCP etc..
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Applicants are required to have an active US government security clearance and must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.