- Federal Civilian
- Merrifield, VA
At XOR Security, we build solutions that keep our citizens safe, our government’s information secure and our intelligence professionals one step ahead of the adversary. From defensive and offensive cyber operations to data analytics and strategic consulting, the XOR team provides the insight, expertise and dedication to ensure mission success. Our solutions deliver certainty – the certainty clients need to make critical decisions and lead with confidence.
XOR Security is actively seeking Software Developers II's whom will be responsible for supporting the efforts of our USPS customer - focused on delivering Cybersecurity and Digital Integration support services to the Postal Service
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of software development from a full stack perspective, and have a desire to develop a deeper understanding of information security related to software engineering. The ideal candidate would be familiar with big data platforms, high throughput data processing, parallel processing and high performance computing.
This effort will require a skilled software engineer to enable standardized and consistent processes, implementation of innovative approaches to solving complex cyber and incident response problems.
- BS degree in an CS or related Engineering field, 2-4 years of expertise in software systems engineering
- Ability to identify and determine software, services and process necessary to exact into sustainable cyber solutions
- Analyzes operational requirements, business needs, and operational data to support the development of applications and high performance data processing systems
- Performs process and data modeling in support of the planning and analysis efforts using both manual and automated tools
- Strong logical/critical thinking abilities, especially analyzing existing application architectures, and developing a good understanding of data models
- Strong desire to learn new and emerging techniques and technologies to solve complex cyber security related tasks
- Experience in Agile and/or Dev/Ops development practices
- Strong full stack experience using Java and Python and supporting frameworks
- Experience developing within a micro services architecture using AWS and Cloud services
- Proficiency in developing software test patterns to support test driven development
- Understanding of software orchestration within a systems of systems environments
- Experience with working in ESB (oracle), and Messaging Brokering services (activemq)
- Experience with development and sustainment of high performance ETL
- Demonstrated experience with XML, JSON and REST
- Practical cyber security experience is highly sought after, but not required
- Experience in Data Science relative to data processing, data analysis and data interpretation
- Experience in Dev/Ops and Dev/SecOps - Docker, Vagrant, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef
- Familiar with concepts of big data, big data processing - AWS Cloud Services, Kafka, Storm
- Familiar with ELK, Hadoop, Cassandra, Accumulo or other big data and NoSQL technologies
- Relevant Security Certifications: Security +, CISSP, SANS Certifications, Network +, OSCP etc..
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants are required to have an active US government security clearance and must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.