- Federal Civilian
- Merrifield, VA
At XOR Security, we build solutions that keep our citizens safe, our government’s information secure and our intelligence professionals one step ahead of the adversary. From defensive and offensive cyber operations to data analytics and strategic consulting, the XOR team provides the insight, expertise and dedication to ensure mission success. Our solutions deliver certainty – the certainty clients need to make critical decisions and lead with confidence.
XOR Security is actively seeking Database Administrator III's whom will be responsible for supporting our USPS customer on the Cybersecurity and Digital Integration program.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of systems integration and have a desire to develop a deeper understanding of information security related to Postal Service requirements. The ideal candidate would be familiar with one or more of the following concepts i.e. security technologies, systems integration, systems development, big data platforms, high throughput data processing, parallel processing / high performance computing.
- BS degree in an IT or related Engineering field, 5+ years of expertise database engineering
- Responsible for all database operational procedures, including database space usage, backup and recovery procedures, performance tuning and monitoring, disaster recovery, database security, and best practices application for database environments.
- Analyze business application requirements and develop specifications for database construction, security and maintenance.
- Work closely with management, systems operations staff, applications and end-users to ensure rapid resolution of IT issues; support others in analyzing and resolving problems involving any part of the database management system.
- Perform normalization and vendor interfaces.
- Review and approve data models.
- Maintain and document all production and test databases and interface systems.
- Maintain archived data on appropriate storage devices.
- Coordination of change control procedures related to databases
- Understanding of NoSQL databases and Distributed File Systems
- Understanding of managing databases in Commercial Cloud Services providers like AWS and Azure
- Understanding of Cybersecurity organization practices, operations risk management processes, principles, architectural requirements, engineering threats and vulnerabilities, including incident response methodologies
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.