- Washington, District of Columbia, United States
XOR Security is currently seeking several talented Mid Security Engineers to support an Agency-level Advanced Cyber Analytics team. This program provides targeted threat monitoring and response capabilities requiring analysts to have advanced levels of experience in security event monitoring, incident response, malware analysis and reverse engineering, cyber intelligence, insider threat, penetration testing, and fusion analysis. The positions will respectively focus on Security Engineering of advanced analytic tool suites. To support this vital mission, XOR staff are at the forefront of providing Advanced Analytics, and Systems Engineering support to include the development of advanced analytics and countermeasures to protect critical assets from hostile adversaries. To ensure the integrity, security, and resiliency of critical operations, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds in cyber security systems operations, analysis and incident response. Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cyber threats and information security in the domains of TTP’s, Threat Actors, Campaigns, and Observables. Additionally, the ideal candidate would be familiar with intrusion detection systems, intrusion analysis, security information event management platforms, endpoint threat detection tools, big data analytics, and cyber ticketing management.
- Address system-of-system architectural needs by drilling through all layers of embedded security within the given WAN / LAN architecture.
- Lead multi-disciplined teams in the design and implementation of the cyber security system architecture.
- Produce cyber security architectural artifacts. Provide architectural analysis of cyber security features and existing system related to future needs and trends.
- Embed advanced forensic tools and techniques for attack reconstruction, including dead system analysis and volatile data collection and analysis into cyber security design.
- Reviews and provides input to system requirements based on cyber security posture.
- Compiles industry best practices and lessons learned into future iterations and new designs.
- Supports the Engineering Review Board by evaluating artifacts for architectural compliance.
- Provides broad based experience in the systems engineering lifecycle and apply the experience to specific cyber security initiatives relating to architectural design and development.
- Resolves architecture implementation issues during integration and test.
- Design, build, deploy, and maintain systems, cloud or on-prem, and supporting infrastructure needed by the ESOC
- Employ measures to ensure the deployed infrastructure is secure and available
- Advise and assist team members to deploy and configure collection services and tools
- Maintain the infrastructure and make recommendations to improve operations
- Deploy and configure services needed to meet collection objectives
- Work with team members to move data to the appropriate data stores
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in lifecycle engineering with commonly used security tools is required (i.e. Splunk, Archer, Cisco, BlueCoat, Linux, HBSS, Mcafee, Tanium, Nessus, ELK, Hadoop, Sqrrl etc.)
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED.