- Cyber Defense
XOR Security is currently seeking a talented Mid-level SOC Analyst to support an Intelligence customer focused on securing our national interests, and protecting our nations sensitive equities. Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in the Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions group. Have the chance to help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement. The ideal candidate is a motivated, career and customer oriented analyst who can provide unparalleled support to our customer.
- MUST POSSESS AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE WITH CI POLY
- Must possess strong organizational, analytical and attention to detail skills
- Must have the ability and prior experience with analyzing information technology security events to discern events that qualify as a legitimate security incidents as opposed to non-incidents. This includes the identification of malicious code present within a computer system as well identification of malicious activities present within a computer system and/or enterprise network.
- Must have experience working with a ticket management system to collect, document and maintain information pertinent to security investigations and incidents
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability produce clear and thorough security incident reports and briefings
- Must possess experience in monitoring the operational status of monitoring components and escalating and reporting outages of the components
- Must possess a working knowledge of the various operating systems (e.g. Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.) commonly deployed in enterprise networks. A conceptual understanding of Windows Active Directory is also required.
- Must possess a working knowledge of network communications and routing protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP, ICMP, BGP, MPLS, etc.) and common internet applications and standards (e.g. SMTP, DNS, DHCP, SQL, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.)
- Must have experience working with various event logging systems and must be proficient in the review of security event log analysis. Previous experience with Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) platforms such as Arcsight, that perform log collection, analysis, correlation, and alerting is also required.
- Must have experience with the identification and implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls for deployment and implementation in the enterprise network environment
- Must possess experience in collecting and maintaining information pertinent to security investigations and incidents in a format that supports analysis, situational awareness reporting, and law enforcement investigation efforts
- Education: Bachelor's degree (in Engineering, Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, Master's degree preferred
- Certification: Requires a CSSP-A certification (CEH Preferred)
- Clearance Requirements: Active TS/SCI w/ a CI polygraph
- Years of Experience: 1-3+ yrs exp; experience working in a network security operations center environment performing security event monitoring, analysis and response activities
- Hours: 24x7 Shift Work (Panama Shift Schedule; hours dependent on location)
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.