- Cyber Systems
- Falls Church, Virginia, United States
At XOR Security, we build solutions that keep our citizens safe, our government’s information secure and our intelligence professionals one step ahead of the adversary. From defensive and offensive cyber operations to data analytics and strategic consulting, the XOR team provides the insight, expertise and dedication to ensure mission success. Our solutions deliver certainty – the certainty clients need to make critical decisions and lead with confidence.
XOR Security is actively seeking a CLEARED Junior Software Engineer whom will be responsible for supporting the efforts of DHS US-CERT and the NCCIC in securing our national interests, and protecting our nations sensitive equities.
We are seeking a motivated software developer to support a continuously growing big data analytic system. In this role, you will be developing UIs, APIs and backend functionality for a big data analytical system.
Candidate must work well independently and be comfortable in a client service environment. Strong Communication Skills are a must with specific focus on written documentation. The candidate must be flexible and able to prioritize development tasking accordingly.
- ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline (i.e. computer science, software engineering) or equivalent experience.
- Experience programming with Python and R (Shiny experience is a plus)
- Experience with Kibana and/or Grafana
- Experience developing applications using RESTful web services
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with the Linux operating system and Bash command line
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Puppet, Ansible, Maven)
- Experience with Git and Jira or other version control and issue tracking software
- Experience with the agile software lifecycle
- Has a proven ability to learn quickly and works well both independently as well as in a team setting
- Experience with distributed big data technologies (i.e. Kafka, Spark, Storm, MapReduce, Hadoop)
- Experience in designing enterprise APIs
- Experience with developing and using containerization and microservices, e.g. Docker
- Experience developing web-based GUI applications
- Experience developing applications for Amazon AWS
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Applicants are required to have an active US government security clearance and must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED AND ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED.