- Cyber Defense
XOR Security is currently seeking talented Project Engineers to support one of our premier clients within the Department of Homeland Security. The Engineer will be leading critical SOC engineering projects including projects such as launching applications into the AWS Cloud, Splunk logging, and SIEM implementation, etc. The Project Engineer will need to work with the customer to prioritize operational issues, engineering activities, and development efforts, and drive the schedule to completion. Other projects will include setting up and guiding a Task Management solution to track Engineering and Program Management initiatives. The CBP SOC is a new task order, and new customer space; this Project Engineer will help to better establish and foster the customer relationship.
- Lead highly visible CBP SOC projects and initiatives to closure
- Lead key customer briefings and generally assisting the SOC leadership (Government and contractor in execution and strategy)
- Lead updates to Processes, SOPs, and Best Practices
- Ensure high quality of all contractual deliverables
- Facilitate quality comments back to the analysts and leads for the source data to ensure the best data for future analysis
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Strong customer interfacing experience
- Experience with ITIL practices
- 5+ years technical experience with 1-2 years of small project leadership (5+people)
- Experience with Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong communication skills
- One or more of the following Certifications:
- PMP Certification, Splunk, AWS Cloud, RSA Archer, MS Project/Visio
- Experience in cyber security
- Previous experience with DHS or CBP customer
- Experience in Security Operations Center (SOC) or Networking Operations
- Experiencing developing Agile processes
- Experience Leading a team
- Experience Architecting a Task Management solution like Remedy or JIRA
- Experience working with the following technologies
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP AND ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED.