- Cyber Defense
- Washington, District of Columbia, United States
XOR Security is currently seeking talented Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst to join our team on this highly visible cyber security single-award IDIQ vehicle that provides security operations center (SOC) support, cyber analysis, application development, and a 24x7x365 support staff.
Duties will include investigating computer and information security incidents to determine extent of compromise to information and automated information systems, providing computer forensic and intrusion support to high technology investigations in the form of computer evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, data recovery, and network assessments, researching and maintaining proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer network vulnerabilities, data hiding and network security and encryption.
In addition, the Tier 3 Analyst will lead and mentor other SOC Support Staff and will communicate with executive leadership regarding matters of significant importance to the DHS SOC Support Services Program.
The candidate must be able to attain a DHS EOD Clearance.
The candidate must have DoD Top Secret Clearance.
The candidate should have a minimum of 2 years of experience cyber security analyst performing intelligence analysis, collection management, and technical analysis. They should also have substantial experience in identifying, tracking, and investigating high priority threat campaigns, malicious actors with the interest, capability and TTPs (Techniques, Tactics and Procedures).
The candidate should also have experience with or possess deep knowledge of:
- 2+ years with host-based and network-based security monitoring solutions and to include security content recommendation or development (host based and network signatures)
- Maintaining and driving the development of new reports of Cyber Threat Intelligence analysis to peers, management and customer teams for purposes of situational awareness and making threat intelligence actionable
- Providing support to the Security Operations Center during incident response and threat hunting activities that include cyber threat analysis support, research, recommending relevant remediation and mitigation
- Conducting trending and correlation research from various cyber intelligence sources for the purposes of indicator collection, shifts in TTPs, attribution, and establishing countermeasures to increase cyber resiliency
- One or more of the following computer languages to support cyber threat detection or reporting: Python, Bash, Visual Basic, C++, XML, HTML, and Powershell
- Host-based and network-based forensics related to the identification of advanced cyber threat activities, intrusion detection, incident response, malware analysis, and security content development (e.g., signatures, rules etc.); and cyber threat intelligence.
- Developing scripts to support cyber threat detection that outputs results in a variety of formats
- Cyber Kill Chain and applicable analytic models such the Diamond Model
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Previous DOD, IC, Counter Intelligence, or Law Enforcement (LE) Training/Experience
Knowledge of Structured Analytic Techniques
One of the following certifications: GCED, GCIA, GCFA, GPEN, GWAPT, GCFE, GREM, GXPN, GMON, GCIH, CCFP, CCSP, CISSP, CSIH, CHFI, LPT, ECSA, OSCP, OSCE, OSWP, OSEE, EnCE
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED and TOP SECRET Clearance