- Cyber Defense
XOR Security is currently seeking a talented Junior Systems Administrator to support an Agency-level SOC at NOAA. The SOC program provides comprehensive Computer Network Defense and Response support through 24×7×365 monitoring and analysis of potential threat activity targeting the enterprise.
To ensure the integrity, security, and resiliency of critical operations, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds in cyber security systems operations, analysis and incident response. Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must along with the ability to work shift.
The Junior Windows Systems Administrator will perform a variety of complex assignments associated with managing and controlling computer information systems in a high paced environment. The position will be part of a small IT team working on multiple information systems in a high-demand setting ensuring the uninterrupted and secure day to day operation of the cyber security program.
- AT LEAST AN INTERIM SECRET CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science w/ 1+ years of equivalent technical work (5+ years of equivalent technical work experience may substitute degree / Associates degree w/ 3+ years of equivalent technical work )
- Knowledge of management of classified systems and the required security guidelines associated with secure facilities
- Knowledge of Windows 7/8/10 and Server 2008/2012/2012 R2/2016
- Knowledge of Active Directory administration (users, groups, group policy, organizational units)
- Familiarization with VMware vSphere Hypervisor 5x/6/x or equivalent virtualization experience
- Strong Communications Skills
- General experience with VPNs
- Basic networking knowledge
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other system engineers, network engineers,
- Basic documentation skills
- Basic of Linux commands, applications, and security configuration in Red Hat Enterprise Linux/CentOS/Fedora
- Knowledge of System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM 2008/2012)
- Nagios Monitoring experience
- System Imaging experience (PXE)
- Microsoft Certifications (MCP, MCSA, MCTS, or greater)
- VMware Certification (VCP-DCV or greater)
- A Linux administration certification (RHCSA, LFCS, or greater)
- A systems security certification (CISSP, Security+ CE, etc)
- Familiarity with task automation
- Familiarity with firewall, switches, and other network hardware and configuration
- Familiarity in remote administration
- Knowledge of storage area network (SAN) infrastructure (i.e. Brocade, NetApp, EMC, HP 3Par)
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP AND ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED.