- Cyber Defense
XOR Security is currently seeking a talented Junior Systems Administrator to support an Agency-level SOC at NOAA. The SOC program provides comprehensive Computer Network Defense and Response support through 24×7×365 monitoring and analysis of potential threat activity targeting the enterprise.
To ensure the integrity, security, and resiliency of critical operations, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds in cyber security systems operations, analysis and incident response. Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must along with the ability to work shift.
The chosen candidate will operate in a junior systems administrator role to work help desk tickets for basic user troubleshooting and account maintenance; participate in engineering projects; implement configuration changes as outlined in Change Requests (CR) from our Change Control Board (CCB); communicate effectively with end users, SAS team members, leadership, and government; act as the on-call SAS team member as needed to ensure FISMA High system uptime and resiliency in the case of an outage or degradation.
- AT LEAST AN INTERIM SECRET CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science w/ 1+ years of equivalent technical work (5+ years of equivalent technical work experience may substitute degree / Associates degree w/ 3+ years of equivalent technical work )
- Knowledge of management of classified systems and the required security guidelines associated with secure facilities
- Strong Communications Skills
- General experience with VPNs
- Basic networking knowledge
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other system engineers, network engineers,
- Basic documentation skills
- Nagios Monitoring experience
- System Imaging experience (PXE)
- A systems security certification (CISSP, Security+ CE, etc)
- Familiarity with task automation
- Familiarity with firewall, switches, and other network hardware and configuration
- Familiarity in remote administration
- Knowledge of storage area network (SAN) infrastructure (i.e. Brocade, NetApp, EMC, HP 3Par)
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.