- Cyber Defense
Job Description: Senior SOC/IR Analyst
XOR Security is currently seeking several talented Senior SOC/IR Analyst to support an Department-level SOC at the Department of Energy. The SOC program provides comprehensive Computer Network Defense and Response support through 24×7×365 monitoring and analysis of potential threat activity targeting the enterprise. Analysts will conduct security event monitoring, advanced analytics and response activities in support of the CND operational mission. To support this vital mission, XOR staff are on the forefront of providing Advanced CND Operations, and Systems Engineering support to include the development of advanced analytics and countermeasures to protect critical assets from hostile adversaries. To ensure the integrity, security and resiliency of critical operations, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds in cyber security systems operations, analysis and incident response. Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must along with the ability to work shift.
The position will require an individual to monitor, analyze, detect, and respond to cyber events and incidents in support of a dynamic cyber defense 24x7x365 operation. In addition, the position requirements personnel to analyze network defense systems, such as IDS/IPS, SIEM and firewalls and maintain a secure cyber environment through configuration management, administration, and response actions.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cyber threats and information security in the domains of TTP’s, Threat Actors, Campaigns, and Observables. Additionally, the ideal candidate would be familiar with intrusion detection systems, intrusion analysis, security information event management platforms, endpoint threat detection tools, and security operations ticket management.
Location: 1000 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington DC, 2058
- Active Top Secret or Q Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology
- Strong analytical and technical skills in computer network defense operations, ability to lead efforts in Incident Handling (Detection, Analysis, Triage), Hunting (anomalous pattern detection and content management) and Malware Analysis.
- Prior experience and ability to with analyzing information technology security events to discern events that qualify as a legitimate security incidents as opposed to non-incidents. This includes security event triage, incident investigation, implementing countermeasures, and conducting incident response.
- Previous hands-on experience with a Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) platforms and/or log management systems that perform log collection, analysis, correlation, and alerting is required.
- Ability to develop rules, filters, views, signatures, countermeasures and operationally relevant applications and scripts to support analysis and detection efforts.
- Strong logical/critical thinking abilities, especially analyzing security events (windows event logs, Tanium queries, network traffic, IDS events for malicious intent).
- Strong proficiency Report writing – a technical writing sample and technical editing test will be required if the candidate has no prior published intelligence analysis reporting, excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability produce clear and thorough security incident reports and briefings.
- Excellent organizational and attention to details in tracking activities within various Security Operation workflows.
- A working knowledge of the various operating systems (e.g. Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.) commonly deployed in enterprise networks, a conceptual understanding of Windows Active Directory is also required, and a working knowledge of network communications and routing protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP, ICMP, BGP, MPLS, etc.) and common internet applications and standards (e.g. SMTP, DNS, DHCP, SQL, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.).
- Experience with the identification and implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls for deployment and implementation in the enterprise network environment.
- Ability to support coverage requirements for various shifts during holidays and weekends when required.
- Ability to work greater than 40 hours per week as needed (night and weekend work required) and/or a 10-12 hour shift in a single day.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in network defense environments.
- Certifications in cyber security: GCIA, GCED, GCFA, GCFE, GCTI, GNFA, GCIH, ECSA, CHFI, CISSP.
- An understanding in researching Emerging Threats and recommending monitoring content within security tools.
- Splunk, Elasticsearch, MISP, FireEye AX,EX,NX,CMS, security orchestrator, Cisco NGIPS/Sourcefire, Palo Alto firewall, Flying Squirrel Orb Weaver WIDS, McAfee, Cylance, Tanium, Snort, Bro, Suricata, Jupyter notebooks, EnCase, AccessData FTK, BlackBag, Cellebrite, Magnet Forensics, volatility, wireshark, Sentrywire, DeepSee, Nessus/SecurityCenter, eSOC mapping, Tableau, i2/IBM Analysts Notebook, IBM Resilient, nmap, metasploit pro, Passware, Core Impact, HP WebInspect, wireshark, burpsuite pro, jtagulator, bus pirate, forensic write blockers, sysmon, Windows Event forwarding, WLS, Solarwinds, NiFi, logstash, syslog, one way data diodes, saleae digital logic analyzer, grassmarlin, tenable ICS, IDA Pro, RedSeal
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance RequirementApplicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED and a TOP SECRET Clearance Required.