- Cyber Systems
- Merrifield, VA
At XOR Security, we build solutions that keep our citizens safe, our government’s information secure and our intelligence professionals one step ahead of the adversary. From defensive and offensive cyber operations to data analytics and strategic consulting, the XOR team provides the insight, expertise and dedication to ensure mission success. Our solutions deliver certainty – the certainty clients need to make critical decisions and lead with confidence.
XOR Security is actively seeking Data Architect V's whom will be responsible for leading the efforts of our USPS customer, focused on supporting the Cybersecurity and Digital Integration projects with the Postal Service.
The ideal candidate will have a complete understanding of systems engineering, software development and have a desire to develop a deeper understanding of information security related to Postal Service requirements. The ideal candidate would be familiar with security technologies, systems integration, systems development, big data platforms, high throughput data processing, parallel processing and high performance computing.
- BS or MS degree in an CS or related Engineering field, 6-8 years of expertise in data science or software engineering
- Ability to lead the development, maintenance of data architecture guiding principles, policies, best practices, reference architecture and standards
- Define and manage target data architectures and master data management strategies in alignment with business and technology objectives
- Demonstrated expertise in application development, data modeling, development of data ontologies to support implementation and development of data lakes and supporting analytics
- Demonstrated expertise in the development of Java and Python applications supporting advanced concepts in Data science and machine learning
- Provide leadership support for USPS data security, data integration, data services and API efforts
- Collaborate with various Business, Operations, Applications and Data and Analytics groups to define, establish and run a process that ensures adherence to enterprise data standards and architecture principles
- Advocate for, and champions efforts to close gaps between as-is and to-be architectures
- Monitor compliance of development work against established standards and principles and work to resolve issues through appropriate formal and informal channels
- Lead data architects and developers so that they understand and support data architecture priorities using Agile / SAFe frameworks
- Lead the review and analysis of existing systems and make recommendations for improvements
- Play a leading role in selecting and implementing technologies
- Represent data architecture concerns in design, implementation and deployment reviews
- Ability to apply EA frameworks to the document data architecture
- Knowledge of data management, data integration and database development technologies and processes
- Working experience with cloud-based data strategies, NoSQL, SQL, Data Warehouse, ETL, Business Intelligence and Analytics tools
- Ability to translate complex technical terminology, concepts and issues in terms understandable to technical and non-technical management and staff
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Understanding of Cybersecurity organization practices, operations risk management processes, principles, architectural requirements, engineering threats and vulnerabilities, including incident response methodologies
- Strong interpersonal skills to resolve problems in a professional manner, lead working groups, negotiate and create consensus
- Advanced database development skills and experience required
- Knowledge of UML and object-oriented design required
- Expertise in Agile and can work with at least one of the common frameworks
- Ability to identify network attacks and systemic security issues as they relate to threats and vulnerabilities, with focus on recommendations for enhancements or remediation
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.