- Cyber Defense
XOR Security is currently seeking a talented Sr. Software Assurance Tester for an exciting position supporting one of our premier clients within the Department of Homeland Security. The Tester will plan, create and execute manual and automatic software test activities as a member of an Agile software development team. The candidate will also develop an understanding of current products and technologies in order to design and implement quality solutions to meet customer needs.
- Plan, create and execute manual and automatic software test activities as a member of an Agile software development team
- Develop an understanding of current products and technologies in order to design and implement quality solutions to meet customer needs
- Analyze and dissect system requirements and technical specifications to help ensure testability
- Run both manual and automated test plans to find bugs, defects and regressions in product functionality
- Design, develop and maintain test automation systems, tools and scripts
- Conduct software compatibility tests with programs, hardware, operating systems, browsers, or network environments
- Document software defects and report defects
- Follow processes and procedures outlined for capturing data necessary for metrics reporting
- Participate in the management, maintenance and monitoring of test environments
- Write and execute load and performance test cases and scripts
- Participate in Agile task such as sprint reviews, product backlog grooming, daily scrum, sprint planning and sprint retrospective
- Execute dynamic web application vulnerability scans to help ensure application code adheres to security standards
- Define test methods and create test plans for new or updated software projects to determine if the software will perform accurately and reliably
- ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED. In addition to specific security clearance requirements all Department of Homeland Security employees are required to have or be able to favorably pass a 5 year (BI) Background Investigation.
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Python 3, Django Python Web Framework, Jinja Templating Language
- Jenkins, DOCKER, Mesosphere, Aquasec, CI/CD pipeline
- Experience working with application development tools, such as version control, defect tracking, build management and test management
- Prior experience with C# and/or development environments similar to Visual Studio
- Experience with Selenium or similar portable testing software for web applications preferred
- Basic understanding of relational database, stored procedures, database functions, and SQL
- Understanding of testing web services and APIs including REST, SoapUI, and/or WebAPI
- Experience with Cloud/AWS
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP AND ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED.