- Cyber Defense
XOR Security is currently seeking talented Senior Security Engineer for an exciting position supporting one of our premier clients.
This role shall support the government in all aspects of planning, designing, implementing, optimizing, and troubleshooting the network security system to improve efficiency and resiliency of the organization. The Senior Security Engineer shall further support the government in protecting the network from threats that could attack the system, from existing dangers, from mishaps, as well as from malicious attacks.
The support activities include defining the “as is” and “to be” architectures including the business, data, application and technology layers along with a high-level implementation plan. The candidate shall apply best practices and processes for capturing, refining, and assisting in prioritization of security requirements based on risk, engineering principles, and mission requirements.
At a minimum the Candidate should have the following experience:
Years of Exp: 7+ years
Identify and define the requirements of the overall security of the network
Plan, engineer, and monitor overall security implementation of network systems
- Support in configuring and implementing network security tools
- Test and provide solutions for system weaknesses, threats, security issues
- Research and identify latest suitable technologies and processes that will improve the overall security of the system
- Regularly audit the existing network configuration and provide improvement recommendations
The Candidate shall provide support to the Agency to understand and develop system requirements and technical solutions for cybersecurity engineering based on the agency system architecture. Task activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Support the maturation of the Agency's enterprise architecture to align with the Commission's information security and risks to the organizational operations, organizational assets, and individuals
- Develop alternatives of system designs and/or architectures which consider trade-offs between security requirements, functional/operational requirements and cost
- Review and describe the impact of new or changing federal policies
- Review and describe the impact of new or revised legislation and regulations (OMB, DHS, FISMA, etc.)
- Provide security engineering subject matter expertise in coordination with Enterprise Architecture and the Architecture Review Board to conduct technical review board program planning reviews related to future enterprise architecture updates and proposed information security mechanisms
- Conduct research and present analyses to evaluate and/or identify and describe emerging industry technology trends, government agency best practices, and security issues
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and PUBLIC TRUST CLEARANCE REQUIRED.