- Cyber Systems
- Falls Church, Virginia, United States
At XOR Security, we build solutions that keep our citizens safe, our government’s information secure and our intelligence professionals one step ahead of the adversary. From defensive and offensive cyber operations to data analytics and strategic consulting, the XOR team provides the insight, expertise and dedication to ensure mission success. Our solutions deliver certainty – the certainty clients need to make critical decisions and lead with confidence.
XOR Security is actively seeking Systems Engineers whom will be responsible for supporting the efforts of DHS US-CERT and the NCCIC in securing our national interests, and protecting our nations sensitive equities.
- BS degree in an IT or related Engineering field and 4+ years of expertise in systems engineering
- Identifies and determine hardware, software, services and process necessary to exact into sustainable solutions.
- Understands how to develop system policies and governance
- Establishes system parameters and formats, and ensures hardware/software compatibility.
- Analyzes engineering, business, and operational data science processing problems for applications and high performance data processing systems.
- Analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- Analyze or recommend commercially available software.
- Performs process and data modeling in support of the planning and analysis efforts using both manual and automated tools.
- Constructs sound, logical business improvement opportunities consistent with corporate Information Management guiding principles, cost savings, and system architecture objectives.
- Key coordinator between multiple project teams to ensure enterprise-wide integration of reengineering efforts.
- Advise on new techniques and estimated costs associated with new or revised programs and utilities - taking into consideration personnel, time, and hardware requirements and makes trade-off analyses.
- Review documentation, describing system specifications and operating instructions, and revise existing processes and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements and storage.
- Responsible for reviewing proposed new systems, networks, and software designs for potential System Security risks and resolving integration issues related to the implementation of new systems with the Cloud infrastructure
- Expertise in supporting engineering lifecycle testing activities (functional, unit, user)
- Working experience with software engineering or high level scripting (python)
- Analyze new hardware and software to determine their need or application in the existing or proposed system
- Familiar with concepts of big data, hardware and software interface development
- Test, maintain, and monitor applications and systems, including coordinating the installation of software programs and systems.
- Confer with clients regarding the nature of the data processing or computation needs required for the target solution to address.
- Coordinate and link the computer systems within an organization to increase compatibility and so information can be shared.
- Consult with management to ensure agreement on system principles.
- Expand or modify system to serve new purposes or improve workflow.
- Relevant Security Certifications: Security +, CISSP, SANS Certifications, Network +, OSCP etc..
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.