- Cyber Defense
XOR Security is currently seeking a talented Network Engineer - Mid to provide operations and engineering support for a growing program in Fairmont, WV. an Agency-level SOC. The Network Engineer will perform a variety of complex and minor assignments associated with managing and controlling network infrastructures in a high paced environment.
- Must be able to support current and upcoming engineering projects as set by the Program Management staff or Team Lead
- Be a technical resource for individual projects when his or her knowledge and experience meet the requirements of the project group or task
- Provide Operations and Maintenance duties regarding device backups, patching, tuning, and troubleshooting
- Provide technical support to end-users or groups regarding connectivity issues
- Configure user access, end-user applications, and assist with other duties, as requested
- Adhere to Change Management process
- Must be able to multitask a variety of projects and tasks as set by the Team Lead
- Provide on-call support for mission critical systems (rotational on-call)
- Develop detailed documentation to describe Network and Firewall deployment, configuration, upgrading, and maintenance for Change Management requests
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science w/ 3+ years of equivalent technical work (7+ years of equivalent technical work experience may substitute degree / Associates degree w/ 5+ years of equivalent technical work )
- Knowledge of management of classified systems and the required security guidelines associated with secure facilities
- Experience with Information Assurance (IA) hardening and compliance, i.e. STIG & DSS compliance, documentation, etc.
- Mid Level Network and Firewall Administration knowledge (Fortinet, Juniper, Palo Alto, Cisco, etc.)
- Must have mid level network and firewall engineering experience with maintaining Layer 2 and 3 networking devices and/or firewall devices such as Juniper, Dell, Cisco, Fortinet, or Palo Alto
- Working knowledge of network features and protocols (Spanning tree, TCP/IP V4/V6, SIP, ARP, CDP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, VTP, Etherchannel, 802.1Q trunking, MLS, HSRP, GLBP, VSS/VSL, QoS, Multicast, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, IPsec, RADIUS/TACACS+, SNMP, NTP, and HTTP)
- Knowledge of Carrier Services (WAN Circuits, MPLS, VPNS, VRFs, DWDM, Frame Relay, Point to Point, OCx, DS3, E/T1s)
- System/Network Monitoring experience
- Develop detailed documentation to describe network deployments, configurations, upgrades, and maintenances for Change Management requests and Knowledge Content libraries
- Have strong communication skills
- Be a team player
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits with remote work possibilities.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and have at a minimum a SECRET clearance or be able to obtain clearance before starting position