- Cyber Defense
XOR Security is currently seeking a talented Security Engineer to provide comprehensive Computer Network Defense and Response support through monitoring and analysis of potential threat activity. To support this vital mission, XOR staff are on the forefront of providing:
- Enterprise IT Cyber Security Support to include Vulnerability Scanning and Management;
- Enterprise System Monitoring, Analyzing, Detecting, and Defending Support Services;
- Security Incident Response and Reporting Services Support;
- Security Environment Research and Development Support Services;
- Penetration Testing, Phishing Attack, and Cyber Security Training Services.
To ensure the integrity, security and resiliency of critical operations, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds in cyber security systems operations, analysis and incident response. Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cyber threats and information security in the domains of TTP’s, Threat Actors, Campaigns, and Observables. Additionally, the ideal candidate would be familiar with intrusion detection systems, intrusion analysis, security information event management platforms, and cyber ticketing management.
- Certifications: CISSP and: CEH; GIAC (GCIH, GPEN, GWAPT, GCFA, or GNFA); or CCNA
- Minimum 5 years of experience with network systems engineering, systems development, and security engineering.
- Strong Linux background
- Experience with deploying and maintaining infrastructure in both development and production environments
- Strong background in security best practices
- Experience administering hardware, software, operating systems, and application components of various isolated network environments. These components include Windows workstations/servers, Linux/Unix servers, Mac OS X
- Strong background in network engineering and systems administration with the ability to maintain systems with 99% uptime requirements.
- Experience developing network architectures, diagrams, security plans, and supporting information assurance
- Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems, middleware and application issues.
- Designs and stands up security tools, components, applications, and servers that meet production specifications and project schedules.
- Participates in large system and subsystem planning and integration projects.
- Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- Splunk, CheckPoint, Juniper, Zscaler, Tanium, Cylance, Nessus administration experience
- Familiarity with deploying to AWS
- Experience with issues related to security including firewalls, proxies, networks, etc
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.