- Cyber Defense
XOR Security is currently seeking a talented Cyber Operations Metrics and Quality Assurance Analyst to support a Cyber Security Operation Center for a large commercial financial institution. The candidate will manage all templates and documents from draft to implementation, and manage related project tasks. This position requires flexibility to shift under changing demands, process improvement focus, problem solving skills, the ability to multi-task and prioritize, and successfully work independently and as part of a team.
- Lead development, gathering, and analysis of Key Performance Indicators and Metrics; gather and report metric values; assist in defining how metrics are leveraged to optimize cyber operations.
- Drive workflow and process optimization based on assessments and analysis of existing processes, gaps identified during metric analysis, observations.
- Conduct ongoing trend analysis of security events and incidents to identify potential quality gaps or technical cyber security issue.
- Conduct statistical analysis with the assistance of ticketing system to determine common escalated issue types.
- Manage the current knowledge management practices as well as design new knowledge distribution policies and encourage use of the new practices.
- Develop requirements on the Atlassian platform, to include creating custom pages, workflows, permissions schemes, notification schemes, screen schemes, and custom fields.
- Assist with training, user management, and help-desk related functions for the platform capabilities.
- Work with staff to collect and organization information required for preparation, drafting, editing, and optimization of standard operating procedures, incident reports, cyber intelligence reports, workflow diagrams, presentations, and other documentation.
- Review and optimize existing templates.
- Observe staff and draft standard operating procedures related to the operation.
- Facilitate the staff and workers to share knowledge and review any knowledge management submissions from staff for accuracy and grammar.
- Analysis of social networks and facilitating the formation of communities of practice within the organization.
- Organize existing knowledge management tool (Confluence) to ensure usability by multiple cyber teams.
- Translate technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by technical and non-technical personnel.
- Utilize the knowledge base resources and design a training module for the staff and clients to help them access the knowledge management tools.
- Analyzing the effectiveness of the new knowledge management programs by observing its usage and evaluate its impact in terms of the organizational benefits.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience supporting a SOC program particularly in support of analyzing SOC metrics or report generation.
- Specialized experience in content and information management, demonstrated experience in editing documents, including technical documents.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently or under only general direction.
- Coordinates the display of graphics and the production of the document.
- Experience in creating and managing knowledge articles in Confluence.
- Experience supporting a Security Operations Center or other operationally focused technical writing.
- Cyber security experience with demonstrable understanding of incident response and security event management.
- Experience in SOC case management, incident response, event triage, or cyber intelligence.
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED