- Cyber Defense
- Washington, District of Columbia, United States
XOR Security is currently seeking a talented Junior Security Engineer to support an Agency-level SOC at DHS. The SOC program provides comprehensive Computer Network Defense and Response support through 24×7×365 monitoring and analysis of potential threat activity targeting the enterprise. Security Engineers will conduct Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of critical security infrastructure for a 24x7x365 SOC environment.
To support this vital mission, XOR staff are on the forefront of providing Advanced CND Operations, and Security Engineering support to include the development of advanced analytics and countermeasures to protect critical assets from hostile adversaries. To support the integrity, security, and resiliency of critical operations, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds in security engineering and systems administration. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of complexities related to Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of critical security infrastructure for a 24x7x365 environment. Additionally, the ideal candidate would be familiar with managing intrusion detection systems, Security Information Event Management (SIEM), endpoint threat detection and response, host-based intrusion prevention, antivirus, various firewall technologies, Storage Area Network (SAN), and virtual computing platforms.
- The Cyber Security Engineer Jr will assist to support the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, test, implementation, maintenance, integration, and documentation of SOC infrastructure and SOC tool suite.
- The Cyber Security Engineer Jr will be installing, configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting network security solutions and related monitoring tools including L2/L3 network security devices, IDS/IPS, Full packet capture, DLP, Endpoint (AV, DLP, Endpoint Detection & Response), and infrastructure supporting SEIM (Splunk).
- Responsible for supporting LAN/WAN security solutions including creating and maintaining LAN/WAN security standards and design documentation
- Develop and assist with new LAN/WAN security applications and hardware as assigned.
- Ability to script in one more of the following computer languages Python, Bash, Visual Basic or Powershell
- Strong written and oral communication with the ability to communicate with team members, management and customer.
- Public Trust Clearance
- BS degree Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field
- 1+ years of prior relevant engineering experience supporting SOC or NOC environments
- Advanced working knowledge of the following:
- encryption algorithms, secure communications, SIEM technologies, and embedded systems security.
- network and data communication protocols. familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field such as NIST, FISMA and Common Criteria regulations and standards.
- network based IDS/IPS and full packet capture technologies along with affiliated modes of operation.
- Experience performing gap analysis, identifying new tools and/or required upgrades based on ROI
- Network Security Architecture Development
- Experience in enterprise system and subsystem planning, integration and security architecture design and deployment projects.
- Ability to write and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Software Development experience desired
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
- Redhat, Cisco or Microsoft, Security+, or Network+ certification
- Designs and stands up security tools, components, applications, and servers that meet production specifications and project schedules.
- Cisco Hardware and Storage
- Expertise in Networking, Linux and Windows
- Sourcefire (snort) or RSA Security Analytics (network) experience a plus
- Secret Clearance or above
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED and Public Trust Clearance.