- Cyber Systems
Job Description: Software Engineer
XOR Security is currently seeking several talented Software Engineers to support an Agency-level Advanced Cyber Analytics team. This program provides targeted threat monitoring and response capabilities requiring analysts to have advanced levels of experience in security event monitoring, incident response, malware analysis and reverse engineering, cyber intelligence, insider threat, penetration testing, and fusion analysis. The positions will focus on the development of analytics and case management tools from inception to operations. To support this vital mission, XOR staff are on the forefront of providing Advanced Analytics, Cyber Threat Emulation, Cyber Software Development, and Systems Engineering support to include the development of advanced analytics and countermeasures to protect critical assets from hostile adversaries. To ensure the integrity, security, and resiliency of critical operations, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds in cyber security systems operations, analysis and incident response. Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cyber threats and information security in the domains of TTP’s, Threat Actors, Campaigns, and Observables. Additionally, the ideal candidate would be familiar with cyber intelligence analysis, intrusion set/APT actor attribution, intrusion detection systems, intrusion analysis, security information event management platforms, endpoint threat detection tools, big data analytics, and cyber ticketing management.
Location: Springfield, VA
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of work experience in a similar role.
- Strong front end experience using React, Angular and/or Vue.js
- Full stack experience using Java and Python and supporting frameworks
- Familiarity using and integrating with Elasticsearch and/or Splunk
- Ability to identify and determine software, services, and processes necessary to exact into sustainable cyber solutions.
- Analyzes operational requirements, business needs, and operational data to support the development of applications and high-performance data processing systems
- Performs process and data modeling in support of the planning and analysis efforts using both manual and automated tools
- Strong logical/critical thinking abilities, especially analyzing existing application architectures, and developing a good understanding of data models
- Strong desire to learn new and emerging techniques and technologies to solve complex cybersecurity related tasks
- Experience working within an Agile and/or Dev/Ops development framework
- Familiar with concepts of big data, big data processing - Kafka
- Security+ certification or have the ability to obtain this certification within the 120 days of employment.
- Deploying and managing large-scale Elasticsearch clusters (familiarity with Elastic Cloud Enterprise a plus)
- Elasticsearch Indexing & Lucene queries
- Ingestion Pipelines, Integration APIs, and provide Elasticsearch tuning/optimizing based on application needs
- Designing and developing highly scalable Data Pipelines that incorporate complex transformations and efficient code
- Containerizing applications using Docker
- Experience deploying services and applications using Docker containers.
- Monitoring solutions for the ElasticStack Including building and deploying visualizations in Kibana
- Experience with Configuration Management and automation technologies
- Familiarity with streaming analytics
- Active Secret Clearance with ability to obtain TS clearance
- Practical cyber security experience is highly sought after, but not required
- Experience in Data Science relative to data processing, data analysis, and data interpretation
- Experience in Dev/Ops and Dev/SecOps - Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Git
- Relevant Security Certifications: Security +, CISSP, SANS Certifications, Network +, OSCP etc.
- Support the operational planning and development of cyber threat emulation, cyber hunt, and tactical operations.
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED.