- Cyber Systems
- Falls Church, Virginia, United States
At XOR Security, we build solutions that keep our citizens safe, our government’s information secure and our intelligence professionals one step ahead of the adversary. From defensive and offensive cyber operations to data analytics and strategic consulting, the XOR team provides the insight, expertise and dedication to ensure mission success. Our solutions deliver certainty – the certainty clients need to make critical decisions and lead with confidence.
XOR Security is actively seeking mid to senior level Software Engineers who will be responsible for supporting a small team in the design and development of a prototype system to provide advanced time-series visualizations to a government customer for testing and evaluating military technology. Visualizing terabytes of time-series data in a meaningful way is a real challenge, and XOR Security has an exciting greenfield opportunity to solve that challenge. We need high impact engineers that can help us solve this challenging problem.
Due to the small team and nature of the work, you will be expected to wear many hats and solve a variety of problems, from infrastructure as code, to optimizing time-series visualizations of millions of data points. You will be working with senior data scientists and software engineers to develop a useful and usable data product, and will have a great deal of autonomy, responsibility, and creative control over the outcome of the product.
We are looking for a self-starting, experienced engineer who can solve complex problems, adapt to rapid change, and enjoys building products from the ground up. We are looking for someone who has an interest in building UIs with modern tooling; who can help us think through our customer’s requirements for high-impact solutions; who has a passion for usability and high attention to detail.
Other useful knowledge would include time-series analysis, time-series databases, distributed systems, infrastructure automation, the AWS product suite, and metrics collection.
Given the current state of the pandemic, the ability to work remotely is required, and strong communication skills are a must, with specific focus on written, asynchronous communication.
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, etc.) or equivalent experience
- Complete fluency in modern web technologies: HTML, CSS, JS, and the tooling to support those technologies (Webpack, npm/yarn, etc.)
- Experience delivering quality code to production environments
- Experience with ‘git’ as a version control system
- Experience with some relevant unit and integration testing framework (e.g. Jest is typical for JS)
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining systems, services and APIs
- Experience debugging production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
Additional Preferred Experience:
- Master’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Data Science, or related field
- Product development experience: experience designing and developing profitable or highly impactful products
- Experience with Kibana and/or Grafana
- Experience with Unix-based operating systems
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and PUBLIC TRUST CLEARANCE REQUIRED.