- Cyber Defense
- District of Columbia, United States
Job Description: Systems Engineer
XOR Security is currently seeking several talented System Engineer to support an Agency-level Advanced Cyber Analytics team.
- Lead the development of sections of systems engineering documentation such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements specifications, and Interface Control Documents
- Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architectures
- Develop system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components
- Coordinate the resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination
- Lead or participate in an Integrated Product Team to design new capabilities based upon evaluation of all necessary development and operational considerations
- Participate in interface definition, design, and changes to the configuration between affected groups and individuals throughout the life cycle
- Allocate real-time process budgets and error budgets to systems and subsystem components
- Derive from the system requirements an understanding of stakeholder needs, functions that may be logically inferred and implied as essential to system effectiveness
- Derive lower-level requirements from higher-level allocated requirements that describe in detail the functions that a system component must fulfill, and ensure these requirements are complete, correct, unique, unambiguous, realizable, and verifiable
- Generate alternative system concepts, physical architectures, and design solutions
- Participate in establishing and gaining approval of the definition of a system or component under development (requirements, designs, interfaces, test procedures, etc.) that provide a common reference point for hardware and software developers
- Define the methods, processes, and evaluation criteria by which the systems, subsystems and work products are verified against their requirements in a written plan
- Develop system design solution that satisfies the system requirements and fulfils the functional analysis
- Develop derived requirements for Information Assurance Services (Confidentiality, Integrity, Nonrepudiation, and Availability); Basic Information Assurance mechanisms (e.g., Identification, Authentication, Access Control, Accountability); and Security Mechanism Technology (Passwords, cryptography, discretionary access control, mandatory access control, hashing, key management, etc.)
- Review and provide input to program and contract work breakdown structure (WBS), work packages and integrated master plan
- Provide technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis
- Develop scenarios (threads) and an Operational Concept that describes the interactions between the system, the user, and the environment, that satisfies operational, support, maintenance, and disposal needs
- Review and/or recommend approval of system engineering documentation to ensure that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete
- Prepare time-line analysis diagrams illustration the flow of time-dependent functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science Engineering Management or equivalent and 8 years of general experience. With a relevant master’s degree, 6 years of relevant experience is acceptable. With a PhD, 4 years of relevant experience is required.
- Expert knowledge in managing schedule, performance, and quality of the systems development lifecycle.
- Experience in supporting the operations of a production enterprise application.
- Ability to support control consistency and integrity monitoring and health checks of the operating system and applications.
- Understanding of Government policies and terminology in support of security requirements.
- Active Top Secret Clearance is required
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and TOP SECRET/SCI CLEARANCE REQUIRED.