- Cyber Defense
- District of Columbia, United States
Job Description: Cyber Intelligence Subject Matter Expert
XOR Security is currently seeking several talented Cyber Intelligence SME to support an Agency-level Advanced Cyber Analytics team.
- Serves as SME, possessing in-depth knowledge on subjects relating to the conduct, activities, governance, business practices, or operation of DOE-IN networks
- Provides extensive technical knowledge and analysis of exceptionally complex problems that need extensive knowledge of the subject matter for effective development and implementation of solutions; provides technical solutions to a wide range of complex problems
- Works independently without supervision; possess understanding and has wide experience in the application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the required technical field, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines
- Provides technical expertise in a particular area of IT (e.g., Information Systems Architecture, Telecommunications Systems Design, Architecture, Implementation, Information Systems Integration, Software Development Methodologies, Security Engineering, Communications, Network Systems Management, etc.)
- Guides the completion of specific programs and projects relating to the subject matter; with no direction, provides expert support, analysis, and research into exceptionally complex problems and processes relating to the subject matter
- Thinks independently and demonstrates exceptional written and oral communication skills; exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment
- Develops, maintains, and automates metrics to assess operational Measure of Effective and Performance (MOE/MOP)
- Develops concept papers, technical white papers, and related documentation detailing cyber security practices for implementation throughout DOE
- Analyzes vulnerabilities with known exploits that do not have vendor-provided mitigation or remediation action
- Conducts research that focuses on rapidly emerging cyber threats and cyber adversary Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs)
- Collaborates with internal and external partners to facilitate cyber SA and information sharing.
- With a relevant bachelor’s degree, 15 years of relevant experience is required
- Recognized expertise in leading efforts in information security, specifically with penetration testing, intrusion detection, incident response or digital forensics
- Recognized expertise in leading complex response activities with IT services department
- Recognized expertise leading in an enterprise team setting
- CISSP certification, or equivalent is required
- Active Top Secret Clearance is required
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and TOP SECRET/SCI CLEARANCE REQUIRED.