- Cyber Defense
- Woodlawn, Maryland, United States
XOR Security is currently seeking a talented Technical Writer supporting incident management operations on a long-term contract in Baltimore, MD. The position is full time/permanent and will support a US Government civilian agency. The position is available immediately upon finding a qualified candidate with the appropriate background clearance.
Position Title: Tech_Writer_(Mid)
Location: Woodlawn MD
Hours: 9 am – 5pm
- This position will primarily support the program’s incident management operations by editing and updating existing team documentation as well as creating new documentation that reflects current operations.
- The Technical Writer will collaborate with team members to elicit documentation requirements, tailor the document to meet those requirements, and clarify information as needed to produce accurate and relevant documentation using established document management procedures, formatting guidance, and templates.
- Documentation includes but is not limited to standard operating procedures, user guides, handbooks, presentation slides, flow charts, customer reports, and templates.
- This position will also support the program-level Technical Writer with developing, maintaining, and carrying out overarching document management procedures.
- 4 to 6 years working experience in technical writing of information security documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Computer Science, Cybersecurity or other
- Ability to identify gaps in documented processes and deliver high-quality documentation with consistent attention to detail at all levels of editing (e.g., proofreading, copyediting, line editing, substantive editing).
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and accurately represent them in easily understandable text and illustrations as appropriate for the intended audience.
- Excellent written and oral skills in English.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including features such as field codes, concordance files, formatting styles, named ranges and formulas, data validation, and pivot tables.
- Ability to apply relevant portions of federal or agency publications and requirements, such as the NIST documentation, to internal procedures and documentation.
- Strong organization and communication skills for outreach and collaboration with stakeholders both internal and external to the agency.
- Ability to document process flows in activity diagrams using Visio or similar applications.
- Proven problem-solving and analysis skills.
- Ability to work both individually and as a team member.
- Ability to create and maintain basic web page content.
- Proven self-initiative when given general direction and objectives.
- The ideal candidate will be able to provide and discuss a writing sample in Microsoft Word which details an IT-related topic and implements the use of field codes/cross-references, table of contents, and additional advanced features of Microsoft word.
- Experience using SharePoint for managing file repositories, using metadata for organizing and displaying files, and creating Nintex workflows.
- Cybersecurity or other technical certification preferred.
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED