- Cyber Systems
Job Description: Software Engineer for JIRA Customization/Integration and Application Development
XOR Security is currently seeking an experienced Software Engineer to implement advanced JIRA customization and develop custom applications for a commercial Cyber Security Operation Center (CSOC). The goals of this position will be to achieve the following:
- Build out service desk ticket system functionality and workflows for requests and identified services
- Develop change notification calendar, notification and reporting
- Develop vacation request process, calendar and approval workflow
- Develop capability to do asset management of CSOC infrastructure
- Identify and implement password management solutions
- Work with CSOC teams to Build/Optimize/Streamline new and existing processes with technical solutions
- JIRA time tracking integration with enterprise time/project tracking
- Integrate with Splunk for content management and metrics tracking
- Build a MITRE ATT&CK framework management confluence site and integrated with other tools for metrics tracking.
Candidate must have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Experience creating, testing and deploying applications within an enterprise environment using technologies such as Python, Java or Docker
- Working with APIs in a secure manner
- Basic SQL skills
- Basic understanding of scripting using Powershell, DOS, Bash, Groovy script.
- Configuring, maintaining, administering, and enhancing JIRA Core, JIRA Software, JIRA Service Desk, Confluence, other key components and add-ons
- Created and maintain custom workflows within JIRA, fields, screen schemes, dashboards, metrics, reports, permission schemes and notification schemes to meet business needs.
- Triages and resolve administrative requests and enhancements in Jira
- Supports business strategy by supporting and enabling tooling and process integration between JIRA and Security Operation Center applications, as well as other target applications as needed.
- Integrate Atlassian products into our other solutions (directly or indirectly).
- Create, test, and deploy integrations between assigned applications.
- Help guide and maintain the organization of data in Confluence.
- Analyze, review, and document current functionality to determine potential areas of improvement in Confluence.
- Analyze requests for new Atlassian product functionality, implement new features, triage incoming support requests and handle or route appropriately.
- Identify, test and provide recommendations for using new plugins to meet project requirements.
- Develop custom scripts using Atlassian Add-ons
- Implement 3rd party add-ons.
- Provide, informal training, and support for JIRA and Confluence, as needed
- Collaborates with stakeholders to gather requirements for new projects and enhancements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent documentation skills and procedural development capabilities are a core requirement.
- Experience supporting a Security Operation Center.
- Service Now Experience.
- Ability Perform basic Linux and Windows Server administration tasks as assigned and in service to assigned applications such as the Atlassian product suite (Jira, Confluence, etc.).
- Understanding of Agile principles (Scrum/Kanban) is a plus.
- strong work ethic with good time management and the ability to work with diverse teams
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Experience with integration with Spunk Phantom.
- Experience in other coding languages, Java, c#, .net.
- Ability to create custom add-ons for Atlassian products (java).
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement - Applicants selected must meet background investigation eligibility requirements - GREEN CARD holders welcome.