- Cyber Defense
XOR Security is currently seeking talented Sr. Information Security Engineer specializing in Tenable for an exciting position supporting one of our federal clients. Our project is aimed at establishing cutting-edge techniques for network defense, identifying threats, and detecting malicious activity using advanced toolsets. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with Tenable product line to centralize and manage audit and protection capabilities. In addition, the candidate should have an in-depth understanding of networks and be able to perform the installation, configuration, tuning, and administration of theTenable product line.
This effort will require a skilled engineer with experience performing analysis of network security solutions, including identifying gaps, recommending and implementing configuration changes needed to support to the functionality of Tenable products. The candidate will also ensure existing network infrastructure and configuration standards are adhered to when delivering projects. The candidate should be able to coordinate engineering and analysis efforts between network, incident response, and management teams. The candidate must have a strong understanding of networking, analysis and system administration. Additionally, the candidate should be comfortable interacting with all levels of a security team.
Washington D.C., USA
- Hands-on experience with deployment and administration of Tenable products.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant work experience in the area of information/cyber security engineering or security operations, including hands-on experience with security tools or devices such as network firewalls, web proxy, intrusion prevention system, vulnerability scanner, compliance and penetration testing tools.
- Specialization in:
- Maintaining, optimizing, and troubleshooting the Tenable solution (Tenable.sc, Tenable.io, NNM, LCE, Nessus Manager, Agents, and Scanner) currently deployed in a Unix environment
- Preparing and maintaining solution documentation, including security, configuration and CONOPS.
- Supporting upgrades of Tenable.sc, Nessus Manager, Nessus scanners, LCE, and PVS
- Performing security compliance and vulnerability assessments; develop and apply STIG or CIS baselines for various operating systems (Windows, RHEL/CentOS).
- Configuring authentication methods (PIV, SAML, LDAP) and development of role-based access controls (RBAC).
- Participating in technical meetings with stakeholders: provide design & architectural guidance for tool capabilities
- Utilizing Tenable APIs – integrating Tenable products and automate daily activities
- Performing enterprise-wide network scanning, agent scan, container including credential scan of Unix, Windows, Network devices and VMWare.
- Creating dynamic asset, dashboards, and reports
- Administering Windows and UNIX operating systems in an enterprise environment
- Deploying, configuring, and maintaining Nessus agents in an enterprise environment to include the application of best practices for schedules and integration with Tenable.sc
- Experience with Domain Naming Service (DNS), Active Directory (AD), Windows PowerShell, Windows credential stores, Microsoft Certificate Authority, Python, REST, JSON, SOAP, Shell Scripting, TCP stack, Wireshark
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent experience.
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and PUBLIC TRUST CLEARANCE REQUIRED