- Cyber Defense
At XOR Security, we build solutions that keep our citizens safe, our government’s information secure and our intelligence professionals one step ahead of the adversary. From defensive and offensive cyber operations to data analytics and strategic consulting, the XOR team provides the insight, expertise and dedication to ensure mission success. Our solutions deliver certainty – the certainty clients need to make critical decisions and lead with confidence.
XOR Security is actively seeking ELK Developers whom will be responsible for supporting the efforts of an Intelligence customer focused on securing our national interests, and protecting our nations sensitive equities.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of software development from a full stack perspective, and have a desire to develop a deeper understanding of information security related to software engineering. The ideal candidate would be familiar with big data platforms, high throughput data processing, parallel processing and high performance computing.
The Elastic Stack DevOps Engineer will support a long-term, cutting-edge research and development program for one of the country’s highest priority cyber initiatives. He or she will have the opportunity to work with technical leaders in threat hunting, computer science, machine learning, and data analytics space to develop the next generation of analytic-driven cyber defense platforms.
- BS degree in an CS or related Engineering field, 4+ years of expertise in software systems engineering
- Ability to identify and determine software, services and process necessary to exact into sustainable cyber solutions
- Analyzes operational requirements, business needs, and operational data to support the development of applications and high-performance data processing systems
- Performs process and data modeling in support of the planning and analysis efforts using both manual and automated tools
- Strong logical/critical thinking abilities, especially analyzing existing application architectures, and developing a good understanding of data models
- Strong desire to learn new and emerging techniques and technologies to solve complex cyber security related tasks
- Experience working within an Agile and/or Dev/Ops development framework
- Strong full stack experience using Java and Python and supporting frameworks
- Elasticsearch Indexing & Lucene queries
- Ingestion Pipelines, Integration APIs, and provide Elasticsearch tuning/optimizing based on application needs
- Designing and developing highly scalable Data Pipelines that incorporate complex transformations and efficient code
- Docker and deploying all aspects of the ElasticStack in containers
- Monitoring solutions for the ElasticStack Including building and deploying visualizations in Kibana and Grafana
- Experience with Configuration Management and automation technologies preferably AWS
- Familiarity with streaming analytics
- Must be a US CItizen
- Deploying and managing large scale Elasticsearch clusters on cloud (AWS) which are highly scalable and reliable including performing Elasticsearch performance and configuration tuning
- Familiar with concepts of big data, big data processing - AWS Cloud Services, Kafka, Storm
- Practical cyber security experience is highly sought after, but not required
- Experience in Data Science relative to data processing, data analysis and data interpretation
- Experience in Dev/Ops and Dev/SecOps - Docker, Vagrant, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef
- Relevant Security Certifications: Security +, CISSP, SANS Certifications, Network +, OSCP etc.
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.