- Cyber Systems
- Crystal City, Virginia, United States
At XOR Security, we build solutions that keep our citizens safe, our government’s information secure and our intelligence professionals one step ahead of the adversary. From defensive and offensive cyber operations to data analytics and strategic consulting, the XOR team provides the insight, expertise and dedication to ensure mission success. Our solutions deliver certainty – the certainty clients need to make critical decisions and lead with confidence.
XOR Security is actively seeking a Senior Software Engineer with strong Data Science development experience who will be responsible for supporting the efforts of the Army in securing our national interests and protecting our nations sensitive equities from advanced cyber threats. The selected Sr Software Developer will employ mathematical and statistical modeling approaches to a wide range of problems within the cyber domain.
The ideal candidate will need to define problems, build models, and perform data analysis to identify functional methods to extract meaningful results from system, security tool, network log data. The candidate will have experience create advanced visualizations that tell a story to clearly explain results of analysis describing complex mathematical methods, applications, and results to the client and teammates from technical and non-technical disciplines
The selected Senior Software Engineer will apply standardized and consistent processes for the development of analytics to detect cyber threats, as well as the implementation of innovative approaches in solving complex cyber security problems using a variety of programmatic methodologies.
ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED
- BS degree in Computer Science, Data Science or related Engineering field.
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience data mining, descriptive and predictive modeling, risk analysis, streaming analytics, anomaly detection, exploratory data analysis, ETL, event log processing, mathematical modeling, graph/network analysis, data visualization, text mining, data access, storage and retrieval
- Contextual understanding of systems, network, log data to rapidly design, develop and test cyber analytics for detection of anomalous / targeted threat activity.
- Experience in Data Science relative to processing, analysis and interpreting data for purposes of cyber security efforts of detection, attribution, targeting, anomalous activity detection, insider threat
- Strong ability to apply analytical approaches for processing large data streams to detect patterns, trends, abnormalities
- Strong logical/critical thinking abilities, especially analyzing existing application architectures, and developing a good understanding of data models
- Strong desire to learn new and emerging techniques and technologies to solve complex cybersecurity related tasks
- Experience in Agile development practices
- Experience in pattern recognition and the ability to identify relationships between features.
- Experience using applying advanced compute resources (super computers, gpgpu etc) computers to improve efficiency and effectiveness of algorithms
- Experience with development and sustainment of high performance ETL operations
- Experience with Python, Scala
- Ingestion Pipelines, Integration APIs, designing and developing highly scalable Data Pipelines that incorporate complex transformations and efficient code
- Practical cyber security experience is highly sought after, but not required
- Experience with R
- Experience with designing and deploying Big Data systems, implementing cloud based architectures and familiarity with streaming analytics
- Dev/Ops and Dev/SecOps experience using technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, Vagrant, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, MicroFocus, Burp Enterprise
- Relevant Security Certifications: Security +, CISSP, SANS Certifications, Network +, OSCP etc.
- Experience with noSQL, ELK, Hadoop, Kafka, Storm, JSON and REST
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants are required to have an active US government SECRET security clearance and must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP AND ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED.