- Cyber Defense
XOR Security is currently seeking talented Sr. Information Security Engineer for an exciting position supporting one of our federal clients. Our project is aimed at establishing cutting-edge techniques for network defense, identifying threats, and detecting malicious activity using advanced toolsets. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with Tenable product line to centralize and manage audit and protection capabilities. In addition, the candidate should have an in-depth understanding of networks and be able to perform the installation, configuration, tuning, and administration of theTenable product line.
This effort will require a skilled engineer with experience performing analysis of network security solutions, including identifying gaps, recommending and implementing configuration changes needed to support to the functionality. The candidate will also ensure existing network infrastructure and configuration standards are adhered to when delivering projects. The candidate should be able to coordinate engineering and analysis efforts between network, incident response, and management teams. The candidate must have a strong understanding of networking, analysis and system administration. Additionally, the candidate should be comfortable interacting with all levels of a security team.
Washington D.C., USA
- Previous hands-on experience with a Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) platforms and log management systems that perform log collection, analysis, correlation, and alerting (preferably Splunk).
- Prior experience and ability to with analyzing information technology security events to discern events that qualify as a legitimate security incident as opposed to non-incidents. This includes security event triage, incident investigation, implementing countermeasures, and conducting incident response.
- Existing Subject Matter Expertise of Advanced Persistent Threat or Emerging Threats.
- Strong proficiency in report writing and briefing senior management
- Excellent organizational and attention to details in tracking activities within various Security Operation workflows.
- A working knowledge of the various operating systems (e.g. Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.) commonly deployed in enterprise networks, a conceptual understanding of Windows Active Directory is also required, and a working knowledge of network communications and routing protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP, ICMP, BGP, MPLS, etc.) and common internet applications and standards (e.g. SMTP, DNS, DHCP, SQL, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.).
- Experience with the identification and implementation of countermeasures or mitigating controls for deployment and implementation in the enterprise network environment.
- Ability to work on-call during critical incidents or to support coverage requirements (including weekends and holidays when required).
- Experience with Domain Naming Service (DNS), Active Directory (AD), Windows PowerShell, Windows credential stores, Microsoft Certificate Authority, Python, REST, JSON, SOAP, Shell Scripting, TCP stack, Wireshark
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent experience.
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and PUBLIC TRUST CLEARANCE REQUIRED