- Cyber Defense
XOR Security is currently seeking a talented Cyber Hunt SME/Detection Engineer to support a Cyber Security Operation Center’s advanced threat detection team for a commercial financial customer in Vienna, VA. We are seeking the right candidates who can develop custom detection content (correlation rules) and conduct cyber hunting to identify threat activity. This includes developing notable events, visualizations, alerts, and provide advisements to normalize data sources. The candidate will provide optimization of data flow using aggregation, filters, etc. The following include typical duties:
- Conduct hunting within large enterprise environment using various security analytic technologies including FirePower (SNORT), Netwitness, Stealthwatch, Microsoft ATP, Splunk
- Work with different cyber teams (24X7 SOC Analysts, Cyber Intel, Insider Threat and Cyber Hunt) to develop monitoring and data requirements
- Alert use case development
- Configure risk-based alerting in ES, notable event actions, action menus and Adaptive Responses
- Advise on Data onboarding and data ingestion normalization recommendations
- 4+ years in cyber hunt for a large enterprise
- 2+ years experience in developing content in Splunk ES
- Experience hunting and event analysis of the following technologies: FirePower (SNORT), Netwitness, Stealthwatch, Microsoft ATP, Splunk
- Experience with Azure Cloud events
- Must have demonstrated ability to tune the SIEM event correlation rules and logic to filter out security events associated with known and well established network behavior, known false positives and/or known errors
- Must have experience maintaining an event schema with customized security severity criteria
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills and must be capable of the understanding, documenting, communicating and presenting technical issues in a non-technical manner to audiences with varying degrees of technical expertise
- In-depth understanding of SEIM technologies and event collection mechanisms in the Windows, Linux operating environments, network and security devices
- Experience and be comfortable with recognizing and onboarding new data types, and managing distributed data source inputs into Splunk, analyzing the data for anomalies and trends, and building dashboards, reports, and alerts both independently and built from customer requirements.
- Monday – Friday work schedule
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- SANS GCIA, GNFA, GDAT, GREM, GCFA
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement - Applicants selected must meet background investigation eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP required.