- Cyber Defense
- Washington, District of Columbia, United States
XOR Security is currently seeking a talented Splunk SME to support an Agency-level SOC at DHS. The SOC program provides comprehensive Computer Network Defense and Response support through 24×7×365 monitoring and analysis of potential threat activity targeting the enterprise. Security Engineers will conduct Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of critical security infrastructure for a 24x7x365 SOC environment.
- Build, implement and administer Splunk in Windows and Linux environments.
- Assist in the technical design process, and provide guidance/direction to the customer on how to best get value from Splunk products.
- Establish and maintain configuration control and provide technical support.
- Perform data ingestion and visualization for Splunk.
- On-board new data sources into Splunk, analyze the data for anomalies and trends, and build dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data.
- Design, develop, recommend and implement Splunk dashboards and alerts to support the ESOC Operations team.
- Perform integration activities to connect with 3rd party software APIs.
- Work with stakeholders to develop requirements and deliverables.
- Manage automating Splunk deployments and orchestration within a Cloud environment.
- Department of Homeland Security ESOC employees are required to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance to support this program.
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in system administration, database administration, network engineering, software engineering, or software development, with a concentration in Cybersecurity. Additionally, the candidate shall have five (5) years of experience with Splunk.
- Extensive experience implementing, architecting and administering Splunk and Splunk Enterprise Security Suite
- Experience writing Splunk queries in Splunk Programming Language (SPL)
- Extensive experience with two of SQL, MySQL, or Oracle
- Experience administering Linux OS, particularly RedHat Enterprise
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Extensive experience working in AWS
- Experience developing in HTML, CSS
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and EMPLOYEES REQUIRED TO OBTAIN ENTRY ON DUTY (EOD) CLEARANCE.