- Cyber Defense
- Washington, District of Columbia, United States
XOR Security is currently seeking a talented Entry -Level Independent Verification and Validation Analyst for it's Compliance and Process IV&V Support Team. The DHS Cyber Security Support Service Program is responsible for conducting Critical IT Controls (CIC) Assessments, IV&V over Component V&V of remediated controls, Quality Assurance Reviews of POA&Ms, and ATO Reviews. This is a full-time, fully-funded position based in Washington, DC.
Primary responsibilities of the IV&V Analyst include reviewing and performing analysis of Component V&V (IV&V), assessing Critical IT Controls (NIST Framework), and performing Quality Assurance over assessment and remediation activities. Additional duties include assisting with updates to DHS 4300A Policy Directive (Attachment R), and related policy documents, creating and updating testing procedures (based on NIST 800-53A) for assessing DHS CFO Designated Systems, and analyzing system security documents for compliance with DHS 4300A and other mandates. Additional duties of the IV&V analyst include creating Component training materials, and updating guidance documentation to reflect changes in policies. The IV&V Analyst will assist in updating DHS 4300A Policy Directive Attachment H (POA&M Guidance Document), and assist in improving the existing process for Plans of Actions and Milestones (POA&M) for DHS FISMA systems.
- Bachelors’ degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 to 4 years of professional experience for an entry-level analyst.
- All Department of Homeland Security (DHS) SOC employees are required to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance to support this program. Previous DHS experience will be considered.
- Previous IV&V experience is preferred
- Previous IT experience is preferred
- Previous IT testing and/or QA testing.
- Knowledge of POA&M management.
- DHS Security and/or Audit experience.
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement - Applicants selected must meet background investigation eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP AND EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO OBTAIN AN ENTRY ON DUTY (EOD) CLEARANCE.