- Cyber Defense
XOR Security is currently seeking a talented Incident Response SME/Intrusion Analyst. The ideal candidate will conduct security event monitoring, advanced analytics and response activities in support of federal and commercial entities. To support this vital mission, XOR staff are on the forefront of providing senior subject matter experts
To ensure the integrity, security and resiliency of critical operations, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds in cyber security systems operations, analysis and incident response. Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cyber threats and operational security experience in digital forensics and incident response, cyber hunt, TTP’s, Threat Actors, Campaigns, and Observables. Additionally the ideal candidate would be familiar with intrusion detection systems, intrusion analysis, security information event management platforms, endpoint threat detection tools, and security operations ticket management.
Candidate must have the required Qualifications:
- 4 - 5 years of experience in a cyber network defense environment.
- Strong analytical and technical skills in computer network defense operations, ability to lead efforts in Incident Handling (Detection, Analysis, Triage), Hunting (anomalous pattern detection and content management) and Malware Analysis.
- Support the IR lifecycle from triage to investigation, through containment and eradication.
- Perform forensic analysis, implement incident response procedures, and analyze malware as it presents itself.
- Identify attack vectors, threat tactics and attacker techniques.
- Prior experience and ability to with analyzing information technology security events to discern events that qualify as a legitimate security incidents as opposed to non-incidents. This includes security event triage, incident investigation, implementing countermeasures, and conducting incident response.
- Previous hands-on experience with a Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) platforms and log management systems that perform log collection, analysis, correlation, and alerting is required (preferably within Splunk or ArcSight).
- Ability to develop rules, filters, views, signatures, countermeasures and operationally relevant applications and scripts to support analysis and detection efforts.
- Strong logical/critical thinking abilities, especially analyzing security events (windows event logs, Tanium queries, network traffic, IDS events for malicious intent).
- Strong proficiency Report writing – a technical writing sample and technical editing test will be required if the candidate has no prior published intelligence analysis reporting, excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability produce clear and thorough security incident reports and briefings.
- Excellent organizational and attention to details in tracking activities within various Security Operation workflows.
- A working knowledge of the various operating systems (e.g. Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.) commonly deployed in enterprise networks, a conceptual understanding of Windows Active Directory is also required, and a working knowledge of network communications and routing protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP, ICMP, BGP, MPLS, etc.) and common internet applications and standards (e.g. SMTP, DNS, DHCP, SQL, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.).
- Experience with the identification and implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls for deployment and implementation in the enterprise network environment.
- Experience in mentoring and training junior and mid-level analysts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- One or more certifications for CND Analysts: GCIA, GCED, GCFE, GCTI, GNFA, GCIH, CND, ECSA, OSCP, OSEE, OSCE.
- One or more certifications for malware or forensic analysts: GCFA, GCFE, GREM, CHFI.
- Existing Subject Matter Expertise of Advanced Persistent Threat or Emerging Threats.
- Expertise on policies, industry trends, techniques related to penetration testing.
- Proficiency in utilizing various packet capture (PCAP) applications/engines and in the analysis of PCAP data.
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies Network Threat Hunting (Sqrrl), Big Data Analytics (Splunk), Endpoint Threat Detection (Crowdstrike, Tanium, Endgame, Carbon Black), SIEM (Splunk, ArcSight, Qradar), Intrusion Detection System (Palo Alto, FirePower).
- Familiarity with scripting languages (BASH, Powershell, Python, PERL, RUBY etc.) or software development frameworks (.NET).
- 10% travel may be required.
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.