- Cyber Defense
XOR Security is currently seeking a Cyber Security Engineer. Applies a broad understanding of monitoring, analyzing, detecting, and responding to cyber events and incidents within information systems and networks. Advises on an integrated, dynamic cyber defense and leverages cyber security solutions to deliver cyber security operational services, such as intrusion detection and prevention; situational awareness of network intrusions, security events and data spillage; and incident response actions. Test, implements, deploys, and operates, the infrastructure hardware and software which are required to effectively manage the organization’s cyber security operational services.
- Experience (installing, operating, maintaining) with cybersecurity systems, tools, and integrating data from sources, including Splunk, ElasticSearch, MISP, FireEye, Cisco Sourcefire, Palo Alto firewalls, Tanium, Snort, Bro, SolarWinds, NiFi, and RedSeal
- Experience coding/API integration using python, java, etc.
- Responsible for designing, deploying, and maintaining a distributed security architecture in support of critical missions.
- Develop, implement, and integrate enterprise, cybersecurity operations center, and endpoint security solutions in alignment with best practices and mission objectives.
- Maintain awareness of market and technology trends to bring new and best of breed solutions to the client.
- Apply leading-edge principles, theories, and concepts and contribute to the development of new principles and concepts to advance mission requirements.
- Apply/integrate cybersecurity engineering principles into infrastructure planning, design, and deployment
- Lead or participate in an Integrated Product Team review to ensure security architecture integration
- Generate alternative system concepts, physical architectures, security architectures and design solutions
ACTIVE TS/SCI CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED WITH THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN A POLYGRAPH
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 8 years of general experience. With a relevant
Master’s degree, 6 years of relevant experience is acceptable. With a PhD, 4 years of relevant
experience is required.
- Education and training in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems,
Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited
college of university is required
- Expert knowledge in managing schedule, performance, and quality of the systems
- Experience in supporting the operations of a production enterprise application
- Ability to support control consistency and integrity monitoring and health checks of the
operating system and applications.
- Understanding of Government policies and terminology in support of security
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP AND ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED