- Cyber Defense
- Washington, District of Columbia, United States
XOR Security is currently seeking a talented Senior Linux Engineer to support a DHS Cyber Security Operations Center. This is a full-time, fully-funded position based in Washington, DC.
Your New Role
Project ramp up requires additional headcount on this federal government project. Reporting into the Senior Infrastructure Technical Lead, the role involves:
- Installing, configuring, upgrading and maintaining computer systems, operating systems and services along with provision troubleshooting in Linux and Windows environments
- Supporting the installation, configuration and upgrade of Linux hosted software tools including virtualisation and application discovery tool-sets, and commercial user tools
- Setting up administrator and user accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space
- Providing technical solutions on a wide range of complex IT related problems, and independently determine and develop approaches to solutions. Solutions should be innovative, thorough, complete and consistent with program objectives.
About You and What You'll Bring
Coupled with your education and practical experience, you will demonstrate a pro-active approach with the ability to understand the business, identify issues and develop relationships to achieve the company’s objectives. You will also have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
- RHEL Linux
- Good Experience in CLI
- Experience in RHEL 7 (RHEL 8 Highly Regarded)
- Experience in Ubuntu, Ansible
- Ability to architect designs
- Strong communication skills.
- Ansible tower, Satellite, MYSQL, Elasticsearch, Splunk, Atlassian.
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement - Applicants selected must meet background investigation eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP AND EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO OBTAIN AN ENTRY ON DUTY (EOD) CLEARANCE.